Dexter Season 7

Steve Justice

So-so episode to end a so-so series. The Doakes stuff, while enjoyable fan service, didn't serve any point whatsoever and Hannahs escape was ludicrous. However, the last 5 minutes or so redeemed the episode. While I am not a fan of every threat to Dexter being killed off it does open up a few doors for his eventual downfall. Using Debras gun, the DVD which I assume still hasn't been found, Batista getting suspicious over Laguertas disappearance and finding out about the warrants on Dexter and Debra.

The series doesn't have anyone to root for now Debra has gone to the dark side. Only Batista but he's been worthless for years.

Must give a special mention to Jenniffer Carpenters acting at the end it was well done and I was glad to read that the "I hate you" was ad-libbed and left in as I thought it added a lot more to the scene.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Batista isn't worthless, you take that back!

Hannah's escape made some sense - she has this amazing knowledge of plants so it's understandable that she (presumably) used it to save herself.

I didn't enjoy the fact that Deb ended up killing Laguerta - I wanted her in clingfilm on the slab, a knife through her chest.

No idea what's going to happen next series though.

No idea what's going to happen next series though.

Someone else finds out about Dexter, he finds out they know about him and kidnaps someone in broad daylight, breaks into every house in the Miami area without getting seen before killing said person.

Sorry, just a mini rant, you have to expect that stuff from Dexter and just write it off.

Really enjoyed this series, awesome final episode. Plus there have been some brilliant individual scenes this series.

Thank god i can get back to loving Dexter.After two bad (By Dexter Standards) seasons i was flagging in my support but loved this series, all the tension, all the GIVE ME THE NEXT EPISODE NOW impatience and the "how's he gonna get out of this one" is back and a great final episode to finish it off. NICE~Did think the season would end how it began with Dexter on the run and next season (which i've heard is the last) is the team chasing Dexter but happy how it all turned out.

• Paid Members

Absolutely loved the ep and loved this season. I like how Hannah got away except it was far too easy for her to escape. Surely she would have been cuffed with REAL handcuffs? Also, I found it really irritating that conveniently Laguerata received a DVD copy of Deb filling up Gas at that precise moment!

loved this episode as well, this season overall has been great, the slight reformat in terms of when the main target dies was nice and i love what killing Laguetta actually means for Debs and Dexter - both individually and as a pair. There's so many possible avenues to explore from here. The kill scene was really well shot, debs performance was brilliant.

It's been a while since I've enjoyed Dexter anywhere close to this much and I really hope the next season is every bit as good if not better since it's seemingly the last one.

• Paid Members
Show is beyond wretched at this stage. I think you have to be mentally ill to genuinely think it's good.

I thought you fucked off from the thread after saying you were never watching it again? Does us all a favour and please stay fucked off.

P.S, nothing personal of course.

Edit: actually scrap that. When you were in this thread before I still respected your opinion as you were watching the show. I thought fair enough, Seven seriously doesn't like it. However, I respected the fact once you said that you were finished with the show you were done with this thread. Now, unfortunately I believe this shows that you are a sad cunt with nothing better to do than post negative shit on an internet forum about a programme that you claimed to have stopped watching a year ago.

Dramatic much? I don't recall screaming that I would never post about the show again. Apologies for not being super nice about what is an absolute trainwreck. I don't need to justify my viewing choices to you, so I'm not going to bother. Still, compelling verbiage you got there. Might I suggest sending an application to Showtime for the final season? Can't be much worse, tbh.

• Paid Members
Dramatic much? I don't recall screaming that I would never post about the show again. Apologies for not being super nice about what is an absolute trainwreck. I don't need to justify my viewing choices to you, so I'm not going to bother. Still, compelling verbiage you got there. Might I suggest sending an application to Showtime for the final season? Can't be much worse, tbh.

The really sad thing is that I assume you are actually still watching the show despite stating you were categorically done with it? It's yet to air in the UK so it seems you have been either downloading it, or actively seeking it on some series based site.

The seventh season admittedly showed promise in the early episodes which lured me back in (after pretty much swearing off it after the awful season six). Unfortunately in the last couple of episodes it went to shit again (I get that they wanted a moment where Deb either had to kill Dex or LaGuerta but the way they got there was rubbish and very lazy writing).

Sev in doesn't like something shocker.

You're worse than a shit reoccurring character in an equally shit TV show. I would hope that no one really takes you seriously any more.

Ah, that old chestnut. Lovely.

The really sad thing is that I assume you are actually still watching the show despite stating you were categorically done with it? It's yet to air in the UK so it seems you have been either downloading it, or actively seeking it on some series based site.

Again, what I choose to do with my spare time isn't up for debate. I think what's really sad is people getting upset about negative opinions towards something that actually deserves them, but I guess that's just me.

• Paid Members
Sev in doesn't like something shocker.

You're worse than a shit reoccurring character in an equally shit TV show. I would hope that no one really takes you seriously any more.

Ah, that old chestnut. Lovely.

Again, what I choose to do with my spare time isn't up for debate. I think what's really sad is people getting upset about negative opinions towards something that actually deserves them, but I guess that's just me.

Keep telling yourself that, but I assure you it is just you. As mentioned, I personally had no issue whatsoever you venting your frustration with the show in previous Dexter threads. That was your choice. Fair enough I say as you continued to watch the show.

Now, I'm specifically referencing your statement in the last season thread where you said you were done with the show.

For me, and the general public I gather, wasting your time on something you clearly despise is actually pathetic behaviour. I say this for your own good Seven, get a fucking life.

Archived