Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

SWA up here have Cody Rhodes and Papa Shamgo on different shows. Wasn't even slightly tempted to go see Rhodes, but i am well up for Shango. Gimmicks over six packs and no knee pads for me.

I would have loved to have seen a BritWres televised show that took on a "Hearn-style" production.

Much like the darts etc. with a season and league table and walk on girls and drunken crowds.

Barry Hearn has stated a few times that a lot of influences on his productions have come from pro-wrestling with theme music and nicknames and even fish-o-mania being named after WrestleMania. I am sure I read somewhere too that he wanted players to exaggerate themselves a bit too for the crowds.

Would have been interesting to see a Hearn type pro wrestling event.

Well anyone who saw Peter Manley in the first few Premier Leagues would have seen him heeling it up for the crowd.

Going into WrestleMania 17 an Austin heel turn didn't even enter most heads but when you watch the match back knowing the outcome you can see Austin drops a few hints that a turn is coming.  For starters he had such a look of disdain towards the crowd as soon as he got into the ring. 

It's a shame she's not more of a flier, really. If she was ever likely to do a spot that involved jumping from a teammate's shoulders onto their opponent with a splash or something, we might have one day heard the call: "Nia Jax, off her partner, onto Eva Marie for the win!"

Those suggesting bad Basement Jaxx based puns really need to look at where's your head at

Edited by Louch