Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Remember Mike Awesome had "awesome" written on the back of his trunks?

Playing Virtual Pro Wrestling on the N64, and noticed he actually has "awful" written on the back! They couldn't use his real name for copyright reasons, but why have that?!

• Paid Members

So with Lesnar going back to UFC, I'm sure I read somewhere it was part of an an arrangement for another UFC personality to be part of SummerSlam, but not Rousey.

Is it entirely possible Punk could be making a one time return? Or am I just wishing for the impossible to happen. 

I'm watching Nitro from mid 99.

Goldberg's neck/traps are huge, he had bit of an underrated build (I think) big but not overly cut and looked athletic, Reigns has a similar look these days.

Completely forgot Sting was a heel in late 99, such a weird time looking back, lots of weird alliances and top names keep turning face/heel over n over and this before Russo comes in so he cant be blamed.

Flair, Piper, Nash, DDP, Sting, Hogan, Savage and cant think who else have all turned at some point 

It seemed post nWo which has just fizzed out which is a real shame it didnt get a blow off (oh er) Nitro is a confusing place, all the old guys still on top rehashing feuds so you can see why the undercard was pissed at the time.

Bagwell is getting a big-ish face push

Lugar is the now doing his total package/narcisist gimmick 

Least they're trying something I guess

• Paid Members

I watched an episode of WCW on the Network from 1998, and Crush was in the opener, then did a solo interview claiming he was Hogan's big boncer in the nWo, then attacked Rick Steiner with a baseball bat, then wrestles Konnan (who he beats) and THEN he comes out at the end with Bret Hart and the pair watch WCW and the Wolfpac beat each other up. The final scene was Adams and Hart looking like the brains criminal masterminds. And this was a 2 hour Nitro. If you ever want to watch a whole episode of wrestling built around pushing Brian Adams, this is it.

How big was Berg during his football days?

On a Nitro I just watched Oct 99, Bryan Adams is wearing similar gear to his/the demon stuff without the paint, he pretty much gets squashed by Sid with help from Rick Steiner and Charles Robinson, as I say some weird groups popped up at the time and this is pre-russo

• Paid Members

Just listened to one of the old SCG Radio Podcasts and it struck me that Bret Hart's original 20 year deal would have about 3 months left on it approximately. That's changed all your lives I'm sure.

Wonder what the course of his career and wrestling history looks like if they honour that contract. Montreal doesn't happen. Mr McMahon character doesn't happen. Does Owen Hart die? Is Bret there to talk him out of it or does he never end up back as the Blue Blazer? Does Bret avoid the concussions and the stroke?

Bret now is a year younger than Ric Flair was when he "retired" in 2008. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Bret would have been working on and off for the last 19 1/2 years.

It's also not beyond the realm of possibility that the WWF goes under in the late 90s. Then WCW's inevitable death happens anyway and we spend 20 years chanting "EC-dub". I enjoyed WWF One Night Stand in 2005. Wasn't so keen on the WWF brand they started on the Sci-Fi Network though. Nostalgia is all good and all but Doink The Clown as a World Champion in 2006 was too much. Still, people seemed to enjoy it when he dropped the belt to Paul Heyman. What an ego that guy has got.

I've just read that X-Pac's theme goes "MAKE SOME NOIIIIISE! X-Pac!" and not "X-PAAAAAAC! (X-Pac)" and it's kind of changed a bit of my childhood.