Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

watching WM22 for the first time. Carlito was over as fuck in that opener, did they really never capitalize on that with a face turn?  Also JR's going on about how nobody has ever broken out of the MasterLock, I'm going to guess Big Show does before this match is over.

I think he did eventually turn face but not for like another year when they teamed him with Flair. The first person to break the Masterlock officially was Lashley I believe.

I'm fairly certain the face turn was within a month or two later.

Lesnars current run is now twice as long as his original run.

Obviously he is booked sparringly this run but i would love to know how long he was with the company from when he debuted on TV to when he wrestled his 17th match during his 1st run. 17 as that is number of televised matches he has wrestled since his re-debut in April 2012.

Forgot about Punk so its 18, i think.

Edited by Fanny Pack

old news, don't ask me why I'm doing it to myself, but youtube has been recommending me lots of Cornette soundbytes lately. while he's good value for an entertaining rant, depending on the subject (such as the Kenny King rant), fucking hell, he really is the most tedious old cunt in the biz isn't he?

i'm not big on the willy-nilly breaking of kayfabe e.g. Ziggler's twitter handle, Steph McMahon antics etc. but christ, if it wasn't what "the boys in the locker room" would've done "in his day" it's ALL FUCKEN WRONG DAMMIT.

he is the whingiest most out-of-touch fucker there is. It's like nobody told him that things evolve. He'll go on and on about faces and heels having lunch in public nowadays or throw a huge benny cos some indy guy did a goofy spot that popped a crowd and went viral, while failing to acknowledge his own kayfabe breaking podcast.

just Old Man Yells At Cloud in its purest form

I was googling to see how many prominent WWE wrestlers were legit born in any of the Euro 2016 countries, and outside England, there haven't been many. Sammartino being born in Italy is probably the most obvious/famous.

However, I saw this http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Spanish_wrestlers

Is it common knowledge that Kane was born in Spain? I had no idea. Baffled me. 

old news, don't ask me why I'm doing it to myself, but youtube has been recommending me lots of Cornette soundbytes lately. while he's good value for an entertaining rant, depending on the subject (such as the Kenny King rant), fucking hell, he really is the most tedious old cunt in the biz isn't he?

i'm not big on the willy-nilly breaking of kayfabe e.g. Ziggler's twitter handle, Steph McMahon antics etc. but christ, if it wasn't what "the boys in the locker room" would've done "in his day" it's ALL FUCKEN WRONG DAMMIT.

he is the whingiest most out-of-touch fucker there is. It's like nobody told him that things evolve. He'll go on and on about faces and heels having lunch in public nowadays or throw a huge benny cos some indy guy did a goofy spot that popped a crowd and went viral, while failing to acknowledge his own kayfabe breaking podcast.

just Old Man Yells At Cloud in its purest form

Keep in mind that his fantasy booking of the WCW invasion involved Ric Flair cutting promos saying things like "Vince, I'll do the job for your wrestlers, but I'm gonna work stiff and sandbag and injure 'em."