Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Did Kane hold the tag belts after he beat Austin in the First Blood match then? It really doesn't feel like it, though - couldn't tell you why.

What about Mark Henry? He took ages to finally get the big one - he must have had a tag reign during that period, surely?

Little fact I realised earlier; a few months back, there was discussion on here about Edge and Christian being the only two wrestlers to hold the tag titles before both going on to win world titles (in WWE, anyway). It's only just occurred to me that you can now add Reigns and Rollins to that list. If anything, Reigns and Rollins have a bigger claim to the achievement than E+C, as they've both won the big belt and Christian only ever won the Smackdown belt. 

Probably boring to most of you but I found it interesting!

Shawn and Diesel also held the tag titles in 1994 before they were WWF Champions. They beat the Headshrinkers the night before SummerSlam.

Edited by The Clint

Did Kane hold the tag belts after he beat Austin in the First Blood match then? It really doesn't feel like it, though - couldn't tell you why.

What about Mark Henry? He took ages to finally get the big one - he must have had a tag reign during that period, surely?

He's talking about both members of the team going on to win the big one.

• Paid Members

He's talking about both members of the team going on to win the big one.

Ah, fair enough - my mistake.

Makes sense, really - in most tag-teams, it's usually only one out of the two who gets to the top, and the other reaches the upper midcard at best.

I love Christian's work, and think he's a Jericho-type "main-eventer", but let's face it: in any hot or "up" period, he'd never have held the belt.

• Moderators

A fella in the pub tonight gave me 2 massive boxes of VHS from his old video shop. So, I had a fish through and  included in that...

AN ORIGINAL RENTAL COPY VERSION OF NO HOLDS BARRED. WITH THE MASSIVE WHITE BOX.

I'll start the bidding off at a tenner.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Kane's held the tag straps 127 times since he won the WWF title a mere 7 months after his in-ring debut, yes. With Mankind, with X-Pac, with his brother, with The Hurricane, with RVD, with Big Show, with Daniel Bryan, with fucking everyone.

• Paid Members

A fella in the pub tonight gave me 2 massive boxes of VHS from his old video shop. So, I had a fish through and  included in that...

AN ORIGINAL RENTAL COPY VERSION OF NO HOLDS BARRED. WITH THE MASSIVE WHITE BOX.

I'll start the bidding off at a tenner.

Pop it on Ebay. You'll get more than a tenner if it's the original rental version.

"Grunt the Wrestling Movie" is a campy mess. I love it..

Edited by bAzTNM#1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9RdTQUnWE&feature=youtu.be

Saw this get posted on Reddit. It's the full WBF PPV from 1992. Maybe it was posted before I'm not sure but it's completely off the wall. Total dissertation into the mind of Vince McMahon. It gets more nuts as it goes along.