Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I said it before - Sheamus is a great heel in that no one cheers him, says he needs to be pushed or thinks he's cool. No one likes him. Say if Reigns were to win the belt off him, 'demwans' would be a lot more forgiving of him winning. They might even cheer for him.

Having said that, I couldn't give a shit about WWE at the moment and Sheamus winning has done nothing to change that.

• Paid Members

If a world champion should be the best representative of the current product then it's a stroke of booking genius. Bland, forgettable, and only worth watching cos there's fuck all else to choose from.

So there's nothing else that you can think of to do or watch for 3 hours than saddle up with a bland, forgettable RAW?

Edited by Accident Prone

If a world champion should be the best representative of the current product then it's a stroke of booking genius. Bland, forgettable, and only worth watching cos there's fuck all else to choose from.

So there's nothing else that you can think of to do or watch for 3 hours than saddle up with a bland, forgettable RAW?

I don't watch it full stop.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino. He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino. He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino. He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino. He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino. He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino.He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino. He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino. He was just a kid, a fan with a dream, who got to live his dream because of Bruno Sammartino.

Turn that into first person, copy and paste it a million times and you've got his Hall of Fame speech.

I mean 1990 really, before everyone got Sky in 1992. I doubt the WWF was ever as popular as it was in 92 (and yes that includes the Attitude era).

The WWF didnt tour in the UK till November 89. Those tours were sold out, although as far as im aware it was only The Docklands and NEC they went to. To say it was unpopular in 1990 is a strange thing to say, it was not unpopular it was on a gradual rise. I remember trying to get tickets to an NEC show in 1990 and it was sold out within a couple of days. 91 was another sellout UK tour with Bulldog V Quake headling the NIA. The best show i have seen live, featured Taker v Piper and Von Erich v Flair.

Many people had Sky pre 92 as the ticket sales show.

I went to the Sheffield Arena leg of that autumn '91 tour. I remember being excited to see Von Erich vs Flair as I knew that was a big matchup from the 80s, think I'd seen some of their old matches on WCCW on Lifestyle. I think I saw their last ever match together.

Sky really started in 1989, at least the multi-channel setup started that year and it was heavily promoted. WWF was one of the main things people bought it for, that and the movie channels. It didn't REALLY take off until they got the Premier League from the 92/93 season (coincedentally 2 weeks before SummerSlam '92).

Sky really started in 1989, at least the multi-channel setup started that year and it was heavily promoted. WWF was one of the main things people bought it for, that and the movie channels. It didn't REALLY take off until they got the Premier League from the 92/93 season (coincedentally 2 weeks before SummerSlam '92).

The Sky multi-channels package didn't start until September '93 from this date you had to pay for Sky 1 etc.  Before this date the only channels that were encrypted was Sky Movies and The Movie Channel. And yeah they moved the PPV's over to Sky Sports from August '92 once Sky Sports became another premium channel.

Edited by The Clint

Larry Zbyszko is the worst commentator ever, he ruins all the late '96 Nitro's, dread to think how bad he gets

I watched a few Nitros on the network a few weeks back and it brought memories back of him just taking off the headset and walking away from the commentary table whilst the cameras were on them just so he could pose for the fans.