Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

A lot of wrestlers are still making "fake" comments post Dana White tweets.

Just read a British wrestler whinge on social media about getting injured for the umpteenth time this year and another wrestler pipes in with a Darcy "fake" comments.

In my mind wrestling is supposed to stretch and take it's toll, but if you're getting injured all the time you or the guys you work with must be pretty shit at this "fake" sport.

• Paid Members

Owen Hart through 1998 was midcard at best, and through 1999 to his death he was less than that, he was a lowercard bore who did nothing.

When was he meant to be good or was it just a myth because he died?

Owen Hart through 1998 was midcard at best, and through 1999 to his death he was less than that, he was a lowercard bore who did nothing.

When was he meant to be good or was it just a myth because he died?

You can still be good and be midcard. Or even lowercard.

He was great. Check out a lot of his matches from '94. Even had good matches teaming with 'Zuna throughout that time.

He was an awesome technician and he was over.

I was lucky to see him vs Bret post Mania X. Excellent heel.

I thought Vader's only absorbing match in WWE was against Owen at One Night Only.

It's all opinion though.

Should Jack Swagger be in a better position than he is now?

Just watched him have a really good match with The Big Show on Main Event, he had some pretty good fan support too.

He looks good, is decent in the ring and they could really play up the whole "All American American" thing.

So why isn't he higher up on the card? Thoughts?

Should Jack Swagger be in a better position than he is now?

Just watched him have a really good match with The Big Show on Main Event, he had some pretty good fan support too.

He looks good, is decent in the ring and they could really play up the whole "All American American" thing.

So why isn't he higher up on the card? Thoughts?

I think he's trapped by his past now. He's spent years and years doing nothing much, and it's hard to escape that. Similar to Chris Masters in his last WWE run. They'd occasionally get half an idea to feature him, but quickly go "ah, fuck him" and drop it.

Plus, WWE has loads of wrestlers who are good to great. There are very few who don't fit that description nowadays. So you need the character and the backstory as well now, and Swagger (despite the world title win) has less backstory than Sheamus, Barrett, Ziggler, etc. It's a shame as well.