Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I'd say Austin was paranoid enough when he returned in 2000.

Yeah I'm sure I heard a story on a shoot that Austin was going to kick the shit out of Raven in late 2000 because apparently he had flashed his cock to Debra a couple of times on purpose when he walked past her wearing just a towel. Unless it was just Austin's paranoia getting the best of him again.

Edited by The Clint

That Billy Gunn comeback was a heartbreaker for me. I totally bought into the weekly JR hype of how he was the next big thing, so spent his entire recovery time anticipating him to be either the hit and run driver, or the next babyface worldbeater. The sharks at the top of the card back then had gobbled him up before his gammy arm had even healed.

IIRC, that stunner was basically a big 'it's not Billy Gunn, fuck that, mate!' segment, wasn't it? Austin well and truly ruined WWF in 2000, for sure.

I think it's more to do with Kreski leaving and Stephanie taking over creative than Austin coming back.

• Paid Members

Does anyone else think that Roddy Piper's line "I’m here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I’m all out of bubblegum" was delivered really badly and the phrase itself is a shit cliche?

I always assumed it was a famous line/scene because it was so bad. Like John Wayne in The Greatest Story Ever Told.

https://youtu.be/Wp_K8prLfso

• Paid Members

Duke Nukem does it better. Roddy Piper's is "chew bubblegum and kick ass' which sounds more clumsy to me too. Awful delivery.

And too slow.

Could be wrong, but I believe Pier ad libbed that line, not that I'm excusing how badly its delivered.

• Paid Members

I loved Tori. Something about those skelly eyes.

Aye all right.

I'm sure I saw a snippet on a WWE Network thing where Tori is standing between Triple H & X-Pac and is doing the old crotch chop in the middle. I don't recall Tori being with Hunter, but it's definately in there. It's like a bit from a quick montage thing. It's filmed like those old nWo interviews used to be with the black screens.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I think The One Billy Gunn may be the worst babyface character ever, came back looking shit with his new haircut, tagged with Road Dogg and K-Kwik (beyond shite) and hilariously was slaughtered by the crowd when he fought Benoit for the IC title, I wasn't a Benoit fan by any means but it's still one of my favourite crowd reactions ever

Sometimes I think Gunn was a victim of an inside joke in WWE. It's as if McMahon just wanted to rip the piss out of him on national TV.  Mr Ass, Bad Ass, The One and one of the most shittest gimmicks of all time Rockabilly. Even Honkytonk Man was embarrassed to be part of it.

I almost forgot about Billy and Chuck.  That says it all really.

Edited by The Clint

• Moderators

The One had a fucking cracking theme though.

"Every time I hear my name it sounds like a symphony. Like a fine glass of wine, getting better with age, with great complexity!"