Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

The downside being that he doesn't really have any character apart from painting himself from time to time.

Not really a downside though is it? Most mid carders in WWE have no real gimmick and just trade wins and loses constantly. A standard fued will have the wrestlers just wrestle each other a few times, then have a PPV match. Balor could do that and use the paint to make the "big" matches seem different to what he will be doing on Raw every week.

Essentially, he has given the creative team a gimmick where they don't have to put any effort in. They'll fucking love that

• Paid Members

The first half of 1995 in the WWF is crazy for vignettes and debuts. Sid, Henry Godwinn, Waylon Mercy, Hakushi, Lafitte, Techno Team 2000, Savio Vega, Kama, Man Mountain Rock off the top of my head.

Roster must have been seriously depleted at the end of 1994.

• Paid Members

The first half of 1995 in the WWF is crazy for vignettes and debuts. Sid, Henry Godwinn, Waylon Mercy, Hakushi, Lafitte, Techno Team 2000, Savio Vega, Kama, Man Mountain Rock off the top of my head.

Some bloke called Helmsly too.

Plua Mantaur

• Paid Members

Shit, forgot him. but not how to spell it ;)

I've just seen on Instagram that Brooke Hogan is STILL trying to be a pop star.

Trying to do that for 10 years straight without making any progress seems both kind of admirable and really sad.

• Paid Members

I've started watching ROH these past two weeks since it started airing on Destination America.

Holy shit, that Dalton Castle bloke is good. I'd never seen him before, but he's now my favourite entrance in the business.

• Paid Members

Didn’t know the best place to post this.

The ballet dancer-to-wrestler episode of Faking It is available on 4OD if any one’s interested: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/faking-it/on-demand/32922-002. It came to mind earlier today and had a quick Google and was surprised to find it on there, given how old it is.

• Paid Members

I've started watching ROH these past two weeks since it started airing on Destination America.

Holy shit, that Dalton Castle bloke is good. I'd never seen him before, but he's now my favourite entrance in the business.

Just had a bit of a youtube binge on him, great character. If he can match it in the ring then he could be a star.

Just had a bit of a youtube binge on him, great character. If he can match it in the ring then he could be a star.

If you can get hold of it anywhere the 18th of April TV match between Castle and Donovan Dijak is pretty good.

Edited by stevieg1980

Watching countdown on wwe network. Greatest Ic champions. This is the worst one I've seen. Ken shamrock is in the top 10 and neither Bret Hart and HBK are not. Chris Jericho is number 1 lolz

• Paid Members

Watching countdown on wwe network. Greatest Ic champions. This is the worst one I've seen. Ken shamrock is in the top 10 and neither Bret Hart and HBK are not. Chris Jericho is number 1 lolz

Didn't Jericho hold the title the most times though? Or did someone else surpass his record? And know when he won his seventh I think it was in 2003-ish it was a record.

It's voted for my fans (although I think they are given a list to choose from, which might not have included HBK and Bret Hart).  So I'd guess people remember Jericho as an IC champion, whereas they remember HBK and Bret Hart as World Champions.  Unless Jericho also makes the Top 10 World Champions, it just shows Jericho isn't remembered for his brief runs at the top, but remembered as a great IC champ.