Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

The main question is did Regal come to the ring waving a jolly roger so we knew he was bad?

At the end of the Brookside match, Regal was being all evil and Marty Jones (who was a heel at the time) came out to confront him and turned babyface in the process. It wound up with the crowd surrounding the ring, a very tense atmosphere, and by the time Regal got to the dressing room he had a small cut on his back.

You're not alone, gary. Almost everybody on here has had a wee moan about how underwhelmed they are with the show.

Personally, I gave up watching WWE in the Winter and only decided to get back into it because 'Mania season is usually good. However, it's been weeks and weeks of some right toss.

Sting v Triple H and Cena v Rusev has been pretty strong the past two weeks, which is something. The rest, not so much.

I think that's a little unfair on the Ladder match, I think the build up for that has been really good. They've also given the time of day with TV time.

• Paid Members

How awesome was American Bad Ass Taker? Just watching Judgement Day '99 and The following night's Raw after his return. Being a WWF only fan, I'd never seen a main event guy come back under a totally reinvented gimmick in this way. The Kid Rock entrance on Raw the next night it so fucking great, Heavy Guitars and a motorbike. Taker looks like he's fucking loving it laying into the heels. I probably moaned about him holding people down and general match quality at the time, but to be fair, it was great.

• Paid Members

I loved it (it was 2000 by the way). Still up there with one of my favourite returns ever. The silhouette image of him entering with his bike was great. 2000 was an awesome year for returns that made the crowd go insane wasn't it? Austin at Backlash and Unforgiven, Taker at Judgement Day, Kane had a few returns (one with Paul Bearer I believe).

Ever watch the dark match between Stixx and Lion kid at the first Dragon Gate UK Invasion show and wonder who those two guys were that were standing up in front of the hard cam for most of the match?

• Paid Members

In a horrifying example of just how fast time flies, I have just realised that Bret Hart has been back on working terms with WWE for longer than his exile. If you count from the screwjob to his HoF induction, that is pretty much exactly the same amount of time (within ten days) as from that HoF to today. I know Bret had actually done some stuff with them prior to the HoF, such as his 2005 DVD set, so it's actually even longer that he's been back in the family, but the HoF was his first big time appearance back with them.

• Paid Members

Another great Attack Pro Wrestling moment tonight. They had Eddie Dennis against Daft Punk (guy dressed up like them in videos with helmet-mask doing robotic moves.) Dennis refuses the crowd's demand of a danceoff because he's a wrestler (and denying he wrestled as Santa in December.) They do the match for a few minutes, then a couple of notes play.

[Dennis hits Punk]

PA system: "Work it."

[Dennis hits Punk]

PA system: "Make it."

[Dennis hits Punk]

PA system: "Do it."

Repeat until the music kicks in, at which point the pair begin dancing separately, which escalates into dancing together, which escalates into chain wrestling and then the whole indy criss-cross/kip-up/standoff stuff, all completely to the beat of the music.

After the music stops they go back to the match, but a little girl stands on her chair and starts chanting for more dancing, at which point Dennis grabs the mike and says "You don't deserve dancing. You're gonna get... A CHINLOCK."

Cue little girl folding her arms and doing a Miz-girl-face as the crowd goes wild.

In a horrifying example of just how fast time flies, I have just realised that Bret Hart has been back on working terms with WWE for longer than his exile. If you count from the screwjob to his HoF induction, that is pretty much exactly the same amount of time (within ten days) as from that HoF to today. I know Bret had actually done some stuff with them prior to the HoF, such as his 2005 DVD set, so it's actually even longer that he's been back in the family, but the HoF was his first big time appearance back with them.

I'd disagree with this. Yes Bret accepted his HOF, However he only appeared at the ceremony, he chose not to appear at Wrestlemania. He came back properly in 2010.