Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Bischoff always tells this misfire of a story about the time he was dressed as the priest on Smackdown. Nobody knew it was him, so he was perving on the young daughter of his mate who was backstage to see if he'd deck him, by asking her if she wanted some sweats and that. Its like, fucking hell. Its still not OK to perv on young children, Eric, even if you're just pretending. He tells this story in every interview with great joy though.

• Awards Moderator

Pitcos, I'd read that thread. Start it!

It's no wonder the Heyman penned SmackDown was getting so much praise at the time when Raw had all that shite going on

And yet SmackDown in 2003 had the Basham Brothers as gimps with Shaniqua as their dominatrix whose breast implants were explained as the after-effects of a Bradshaw clothesline she got hit with. It wasn't all good stuff on SmackDown!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Didn’t Doug wrestle in a gimp mask as “The Machine” in OVW as well?

Yep.

And man, all this Basham talk is giving me EWR flashbacks. Dinsmore, Conway, The Bashams, Matt Morgan, etc. These were all the guys that Cornette used to praise big time back in the day. I remember pushing them in EWR mostly because of that. lol They never did a lot in the real world of wrestling, but they always did quite alright for themselves in my fantasy EWR world.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
They never did a lot in the real world of wrestling, but they always did quite alright for themselves in my fantasy EWR world.

Never did a lot? Rob Conway's a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, I'll have you know! That matters, wink wink nudge nudge.

The Bashams were shite. Best thing about them was how much it annoyed Cornette that they got called up while he had them feuding over the OVW title.

Didn't one of them have hair aswel? Creative wanted to see him bold so they made him shave his head. Cornette was not happy!

Here it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4d7CvIjNDM Basham talk starts at the 6:40 mark

Edited by Only_The_Strong_Survive

• Paid Members

Saw this posted on another site. Mental if true.

From the Jan 15th, 1996 Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
"It was reported a few weeks back on the Jim Shyman 900 line that Shawn Michaels inherited $2.5 million from a wrestling fan that he didn't know that just passed away. This is a true story. It happened a few months back and word just got out. Michaels had attempted to keep it quiet. At the Michaels press conference in Fresno, he was asked about this and got really mad and said "No comment" and said not to ever bring the subject up again. Michaels still wants to continue wrestling although he's probably moving into a bigger house."

Edited by Maverick

Saw this posted on another site. Mental if true.

From the Jan 15th, 1996 Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

"It was reported a few weeks back on the Jim Shyman 900 line that Shawn Michaels inherited $2.5 million from a wrestling fan that he didn't know that just passed away. This is a true story. It happened a few months back and word just got out. Michaels had attempted to keep it quiet. At the Michaels press conference in Fresno, he was asked about this and got really mad and said "No comment" and said not to ever bring the subject up again. Michaels still wants to continue wrestling although he's probably moving into a bigger house."

That's insane. Surely if it was in the observer it would be mentioned SOMEWHERE

Edited by HeavyT

Decided to stick on the 2002 Survivor Series today. Seen a few of the matches before but I don't think I've watched it from start to finish. I enjoyed it so much more than any show WWE have produced in a long time not called Wrestlemania.

It's well paced with good to great matches. The roster is packed with talent, all clearly distinguishable from each other and clearly trying to impress. The announcing is better. The crowd is better. Title changes, turns, debuts and a big gimmick match.

It's also mental how young everybody looks! Orton has a short video promo and actually looks about 17

Just watched Ground Zero for the first time ever, that bit where HBK is banging on the door of the In Your House set to get away from Taker is hilarious, plus with how pilled up Michaels probably was I'm not sure he genuinely didn't think someone might answer, given the size of the door I was half expecting Dean Malenko to pop out

As for UKKVD's post about Survivor Series '02 above, completely agree, one of the few PPV's I've watched live with drink and it's still one of my favourite shows ever, just one of those definitive WWE PPV's

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman