Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I don't mind the Irish whip too much.  If you've ever watched boxers fighting up against the ropes, they're never going to turn their back on their opponent, and often bounce back and forth off the ropes, using that momentum to avoid or attack.  The Irish whip is just a super exaggerated version of that.  

Does/did anyone have a spot where they don't turn around on an Irish whip, but just slam into the ropes and back bump off them?  I've seen the whip into the corner done that way, but never the ropes I think.

• Paid Members

Irish Whip is easily the most contrived move of all time

No way - Catapult/Slingshot. Absolute shite.

That move is at least possible. The added jump makes it look contrived.

The most contrived moves are signiture sells. Like Bret's turnbuckle bump, Rikishi's corkscrew off a clothesline or Dean Ambrose's bounce of the ropes. They all look incredible but they happen in every match. Yet never to anyone else.

• Paid Members

It's not possible at all. The momentum isn't even enough to make the opponent stand upright - let alone shoot off (or contrived jump) into the distance.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

It's not possible at all. The momentum isn't even enough to make the opponent stand upright - let alone shoot off (or contrived jump) into the distance.

As someone who spent the last year in Uni drunkenly catapulting people as a party trick of sorts, you're utterly full of shit.

Rick is right about it being the jump, but with the right technique you can catapult people bigger or smaller than you to upright, and in some cases they do actually go flying. One girl that asked me to do it was significantly smaller than me and went flying into a cupboard.

As someone who spent the last year in Uni drunkenly catapulting people as a party trick of sorts, you're utterly full of shit.

Rick is right about it being the jump, but with the right technique you can catapult people bigger or smaller than you to upright, and in some cases they do actually go flying. One girl that asked me to do it was significantly smaller than me and went flying into a cupboard.

A video of the the slingshot into the cupboard would be much appreciated

• Paid Members

Cool - show me a video.

• Paid Members

I didn't record a 10 second clip of me catapulting someone at a drunk flat party a year ago because I didn't bank on someone too thick to understand basic physics would ask me for video evidence on a wrestling forum.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

I didn't record a 10 second clip of me catapulting someone at a drunk flat party a year ago because I didn't bank on someone too thick to understand basic physics would ask me for video evidence on a wrestling forum.

Then do it now, since you haven't realised I'm taking the piss yet.

Catapults are shit & don't work, IMO - that's my point. I'm open to being proven wrong by anyone showing me a home-clip of a legit one.

Otherwise, moving on...