Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

But that's what I'm saying. Are you watching one episode at a time each week, or are you watching a bunch in a row at your convenience.

I imagine in the future there will still be TV channels for people to watch in the traditional way if they choose, but there will be more of an emphasis around OnDemand. In other words, you can watch Game of Thrones week by week if you want, but the full series will be OnDemand if you want to blast through in a couple of days

Kind of, but with the timescales intact. So if they start with, let's say, 1982, they show the weekly TV shows that aired that week in that year. The next episode is a week later, no skipping!

So the network launches with just the TV shows from 1982... And doesn't reach the attitude era until about 2030.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

The Victory Road '09 poster is the greatest PPV poster in the history of wrestling, well it isn't obviously but I've just seen it for the first time in years and Christ, the Beautiful People were/are fit

Just googled that natch, and what a stacked card that show had purely for name value

Top 4 matches of..

Nash vs Styles

Joe vs Sting

Booker/Steiner vs Beer Money

Angle vs Foley

Just 5 years ago....

5 years does seem a short time in this context because fuck all changes in wrestling now. However if you look at years past it's much more varied. In December 1997, WCW drew massive PPV numbers for Starrcade capping their greatest year to date. 5 years later, they'd been dead for over 18 months.

5 years does seem a short time in this context because fuck all changes in wrestling now. However if you look at years past it's much more varied. In December 1997, WCW drew massive PPV numbers for Starrcade capping their greatest year to date. 5 years later, they'd been dead for over 18 months.

And five years from now we'll still have PG suckers complaining about Orton vs Cena and saying that TNA is about to go out of business. A decade in wrestling now is the same as about two months in '98. 

• Paid Members

Kind of, but with the timescales intact. So if they start with, let's say, 1982, they show the weekly TV shows that aired that week in that year. The next episode is a week later, no skipping!

So the network launches with just the TV shows from 1982... And doesn't reach the attitude era until about 2030.

No, you can still have all the shows On Demand, or even in special "seasons" of their own on the schedule, but a certain block of the weekly schedule would be dedicated to a chronological match forward through wrestling history.

• Paid Members

Still reading through the Observers from 1992 - the current lot I'm reading have seen the debuts of Great Sasuke & Super Delfin (in those gimmicks), and Rey Mysterio Jr & Psicosis - and, of course, it's all about the WWF/WCW. Got me thinking, of the current top American (and American-based) stars, who is "WWF" and who is "WCW"?

For example, Cena could go either way, as a Hogan-esque WWF character or a Sting-esque WCW one, but I'd err on the WWF side. Whereas Cesaro is pure WCW, in a Barry Windham-style. Anyone?

Dolph Ziggler would probably be a WCW guy, strikes me as Johnny B Badd type is hyped as having potential for years and years and never doing anything to prove it. Also dull and bland.

Johnny B Badd was anything but dull and bland. He was a natural showman, and Larry Duff-esque in being tremendous fun, especially by the time he had gained more experience and became such a good, well rounded wrestler by 95-96.

Edited by Reznor