Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Loved Kamala. One of my favourite wrestlers. His facial expressions and selling were great. He wasnt very good, granted, but the big men wrestlers all had that formula in the 80s. He was a great gimmick, though. Those vignettes he did in Memphis are a regular on my Youtube playlist. Wonderful singing voice, too.

Yeah, he was great. I wasn't trying to say otherwise. I'm just thinking, if there's ever a case of someone who just fitted a gimmick to a tee. The old phrase, accentuate the positives eliminate the negatives, that's James Harris as Kamala. All the obvious drawbacks he had were just irrelevant.

EDIT: And what's with the rip-offs? Uganda and that? How many were there and where and when did they wrestle?

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members

Probably one for the Questions thread, but might get a discussion going. Chikara announced their King of Trios and there's a "Team UK" group in there.. Anyone have a clue who Mark Andrews, Damian and Pete Dunne are? Are they any good? They dont roll off the tongue enough to be noticed when looking at a lineup of workers going over to the US. Apparently (according to a few podcasts) they are flying themselves over to do the shows, because Chikara dont have a pot to piss in and the tournament is full of bums compared to the previous year.

Is flying yourself over to the US a common thing these days? Zack Sabre Jr is currently tearing it up in the major indies. Isn't he what you should aspire to be, and not a bunch of mugs who pay to be on shows?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

El Ligero posted on his Facebook that he was invited to the King of Trios shows but would have to pay his own flight. He told them where to go and had a go at any wrestlers that would effectively work for free. He didnt mention the names of the 3 UK guys who were going.

The three guys obviously believe they will benefit by paying for their own flights, not that CHIKARA will give them much exposure.

Does Quackenbush still run/own CHIKARA? Isn't he supposedly a tight arse when it comes to money.

• Paid Members

I doubt Chikara's going to be around much longer. Look at the lineup. Its shockingly bad. They conned the audience by promoting it as the biggest Chikara show ever and upped the prices before announcing the card (so everyone is expecting a proper big show) and this is the line up. Nobody on that line up is worth a $75 ticket. Its a proper money grab. Raising the ticket prices for a show where most of the card is working for free and the "big names" nobody gives a shit about.

* The Spirit Squad (Mikey, Johnny, Kenny)
* The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked, Frightmare)
* Team UK (Damian Dunne, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews)
* The Colony (Fire Ant, Silver Ant, Worker Ant)
* The Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch)
* 3Peck0: (Archibald Peck, Shane Matthews, Scott Parker)
* The GEKIDO: (The Shard, 17, Jigsaw)
* The Golden Trio: (Icarus, Dasher Harfield, Mr. Touchdown)
* Dr. Cube and The BDK: (Dr. Cube, Ares, Nøkken)
* Knight Eye For The Pirate Guy and Princess Kimberlee: (Lance Steel, Jolly Roger, Princess Kimberlee)
* Team Extravaganza: (Gentleman Jervis Cottonbelly, Marion Fontaine, Thunder Kitty)
* Kizarny & His Odditorium: (Sinn Bodhi, Sir Oliver Grimsly, Qefka the Quiet)
* The Bloc Party: (Mr. Azebaijan, The Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Prakash Sabar)
* The Flood: (Jimmy Jacobs, Eddie Kingston, Volgar)
* The Colony Extreme Force: (Orbit Adventure Ant, Missile Assault Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant)
* LAX: (Hernandez, Homicide, Chavo Guerrero)

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

FWA was backed by Strong Style Tape's gimmick table, so would that not make them an indy either? Not having a pop Arch just throwing it out there. 

Personally I would say it's to do with the wrestlers you use. If you use indy talent (i.e. self employed, no long term contract etc) you are a indy fed.

Meanwhile WWE and TNA have several talent locked up. Hence they are not independent talents and thus you are not an "indy".

But ultimately it's a subjective term.

• Paid Members

I recently started watching House from the beginning and there's a season 3 episode where he's watching a Christian vs Abyss match from Lockdown and effectively comes to the conclusion that an 8 year old has roid rage.

• Paid Members

I recently started watching House from the beginning and there's a season 3 episode where he's watching a Christian vs Abyss match from Lockdown and effectively comes to the conclusion that an 8 year old has roid rage.

I remember watching a film where there was someone watching a clip of Vader vs. Faarooq. Damned if I can remember what film is was though.

• Paid Members

I remember watching a film where there was someone watching a clip of Vader vs. Faarooq. Damned if I can remember what film is was though.

Small Soldiers I think it was called. The film about super intelligent army toys hunting down dinosaur toys.

Edited by LaGoosh