Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Sat, 15 Mar 2014

Q&A REPORT: Sting hints that he will join WWE; also talks Taker, watching Raw, not watching TNA, more

Sting Q&A Report

March 14, 2014

London, England at Camden Highlight Club

Report by Rihan Perera, PWTorch correspondent

Ric Flair was originally meant to do the Q&A, but was replaced by Sting in late February

Sting got a great ovation and was very tight-lipped during the Q&A about his future, but it definitely looks like he has signed with WWE based on the answers he gave. Sting gave a number of hints during the show...

- Sting said he wants to face The Undertaker in his last match. He's not interested in fighting other opponents in WWE or for independent promotions.

- Sting said he was on YouTube doing research by watching the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels matches.

- Sting said he hasn't watched the TNA product since he left, but has been purposefully (his exact words) watching Raw for the past few weeks.

Other Highlights:

- Sting mentioned that his three favorite matches were vs. Ric Flair going 45 Minutes at Clash Of Champions '88, his first World Title victory, and Starrcade '97 vs. Hogan.

- Sting mentioned that he disliked working with Vampiro in WCW and he wasn't fond of working with Robocop.

- Sting mentioned that he didn't feel that Hogan took his spot when he joined WCW.

- Sting rated Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle as the top two wrestlers.

- Sting credited Scott Hall for giving him the idea behind the Crow look.

- Sting said he was responsible for Goldberg joining WCW, as he used Lex Luger & Sting's Atlanta gym.

- Sting said he was disappointed about not having a proper feud with Bret Hart in WCW.

- Sting couldn't remember who the Dangerous Alliance were and doesn't follow the product, so he was unable to mention a favorite match not involving him.

[ LINK: Video of Sting's appearance HERE ]

[Torch art credit Grant Gould © PWTorch.com]

Sting sounds like the worst Q&A of all time. He's not especially egotistical about his career and just does what he's told most of the time, so the details are always going to be lost. He seems so far removed from the business when he takes his face paint off, I imagine it would make for a pretty dull session. He seems like a great bloke, but I imagine it would be like listening to Owen Hargreaves speak.

Lex Luger. He's the worst IMO. Looked forward to his book; absolute garbage. In interviews he just browses over subjects. For a man that was so relevant for so long, he's boring.

I think with finding God, he (quite rightly to be fair) doesn't wanna dwell on past mistakes or rub anyone up the wrong way. He's a changed man, but yeah makes for a poor interview.

• Paid Members

What do you think WWE would do if Brock got a bit over excited and injured / knocked out Taker at Mania? Do they have some sort of "plan b" should a disaster happen in a big match?

Edit - started off as a random thought but turned into a question, apologies

Edited by waters44

• Paid Members

Undertaker almost died at WrestleMania 25 when they fucked up with big dive and he left a hole in the floor. He'd have to be actually dead for them not to finish the match. Undertaker broke his ribs in 95 and still had to no sell on a long European tour every night, doing his sit up. He broke his orbital bone and kept on working until there was a spare day off. He's a special kind of bloke in that sense. If Undertaker got legit hurt, all he'd have to do is lay there and lock Hells Gate in. Brock came pretty much sell and tap as Undertaker lies there if he got a proper injury.

I suppose you could say "what if?" about every match on the card. If Cena broke his neck on the house shows leading into WrestleMania 28, that would have been disastrous. Rock vs Cena was built up for a year. That's why you cant just get rid of the likes of Cena and Undertaker. So many wrestlers just dont measure up to what they bring and how much they leave out there. Its easy to say "get rid of Cena", but who could do that schedule and work through those injuries like he does? Or like the Undertaker did? Even Hogan and Savage just took their pills and went out and did their thing (Savage especially. He worked through a brutal knee injury and it finished him as a performer in 1998). Bret did as well. Austin definitely did. Triple H barely took time off if he could still walk. Rock worked through 2 matches in recent years in agony. You have to find the right bloke to replace the likes of them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Undertaker is a lot more fragile than he used to and Brock is one of the most brutal guys he could go up against. I'd say the chances of Taker picking up a legit injury are higher than they would be for all his recent Wrestlemania matches.

Saying that Taker knows what he is doing, if something was to go wrong he would know exactly what to do on the spot and lead Brock through it. He would have to be near death to deviate from the script though

Is this based on the whole idea that Taker and Lesnar don't like each other? I think Lesnar is more of a professional than that, he'd work it the same way he has since he's come back- he's aggressive, sure, but I wouldn't say he's really careless.

Besides, something tells me Brock and Triple H wouldn't be besties, and they've spent what feels like the majority of Brock's second run working together. You've got the guy who lives and breathes the business, who stands to basically inherit WWE when Vince kicks the bucket, and the guy who walked out after 2 years after a mega push because he couldn't handle the schedule, and then he sued WWE. They were able to work together amicably, because they realised what was best for business.

And for that matter, Brock and Taker worked together a ton the first time around, despite animosity from both men's accounts. The amount I've read about Lesnar "getting too excited/going off script" against Taker... do people think because he spent a few years doing MMA, that he's now some unhinged psycho?

• Paid Members

He's asking what would happen if Lesnar accidentally hurts this 50-odd year old man (who was accidentally injured in his last match) with his high impact offense and the back up plan if he gets hurt. I doubt its based on anything other than the obvious, since Lesnar and Undertaker have no heat between them and have been desperate to wrestle for years.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
He's asking what would happen if Lesnar accidentally hurts this 50-odd year old man (who was accidentally injured in his last match) with his high impact offense and the back up plan if he gets hurt. I doubt its based on anything other than the obvious, since Lesnar and Undertaker have no heat between them and have been desperate to wrestle for years.

How did he get accidentally injured in his last match? The one against The Shield?

Edited by Murtz