Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

So I'm watching a Morgan Spurlock documentary called 'Mansome' on Netflix. It's all about the definition of masculinity in modern society, when who shows up to be interviewed? Davari. I don't know if he's a TNA wrestler at the time, but all it shows is clips from TNA; with talking heads from Matt Morgan and Dixie. Interesting stuff.

EDIT: He was TNA at the time, and mentions it.Well worth watching, if only to see Colt shave Davari's back and butt

Edited by Killjoy_Gee

Most of tumblr is pretty shit, but there's some cool little wrestling ones dotted about. idontlikewrestling.tumblr.com is a nice mix of women in next to nothing, cool pictures and gif sets dedicated to matches/angles. There was one that posted a really diverse selection of matches which was great fun to waste a few hours on, forgotten what it's called though. There's a post on there giving shout outs to a few other wrestling themed tumblrs, if you have nothing else to do its a decent little time waster

Most of tumblr is pretty shit, but there's some cool little wrestling ones dotted about. idontlikewrestling.tumblr.com is a nice mix of women in next to nothing, cool pictures and gif sets dedicated to matches/angles. There was one that posted a really diverse selection of matches which was great fun to waste a few hours on, forgotten what it's called though. There's a post on there giving shout outs to a few other wrestling themed tumblrs, if you have nothing else to do its a decent little time waster

There are some good ones (having one myself...guess I'll leave it to people to decide if it's decent or not, it's in my sig) I often search for good ones, I like idontlikewrestling too I'm sick of ringsideconfessions though, there latest one about Batista is horrible. There are some right weirdos on tumble too...

Edited by Cobra1000

Just watching a Tajiri vs William Regal match from Survivor Series 2001, and granted it was over ten years ago but this would never these days. They had some feud going on since Tajiri didn't join the Alliance, but during the entrances they showed clips of the previous Smackdown where Regal does a tiger bomb on Torrie Wilson and then puts her in the STF. To top it off, Regal then beats Tajiri clean in a three minute match! Since it never happens now, it's a bit shocking to see that level of perceived violence from a man to a woman, especially in a really low-card angle.

• Paid Members

I vaguely remember it. It was during that period when Regal was trying out a couple of new finishers - the Union Jack neckbreaker (where he wraps the opponent's arm around his own neck, really liked that one) and the double-underhook standing powerbomb. Decent little match, though it seemed to go completely against booking - I honestly thought Tajiri would win the feud, as he and Torrie were really over, plus they were faces.

Eventually, though, after the Invasion finished, it was his brass-knucks "Power of the Punch" that got over!

I don't even remember that match. Obviously men twatting women was de rigueur then.

Decent sprint worth a look?

It's online, and assuming you have four minutes to kill then yeah, it's not a bad match by any stretch. Just a bit of a shame - I'd fucking kill to see it these days, as it'd probably go 15 on NXT.

• Paid Members
Does anything in wrestling feel more wrong or unsuited than Honky Tonk Man's WCW run. It just really feels a bit off. It's not a good fit at all.

Yeah, I get that too. Gimmick seemed more "WWF" than anything WCW had ever did. I imagine he'd have beat Johnny B Badd for the TV Title if he hadn't bailed too.