Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Anyone think this Heyman vs Punk fued will lead to the debut of Corey Graves? I swear the phrase "Stay Down" has been used a bunch of times by Heyman, and Axel used the phrase in a tweet during Raw. Plus, he looks like a cut price version of Punk, so it would kind of fit. I'm almost certainly looking at it way too subtly, but the thought just kind of occurred to me.

I did think the exact same thing, particularly when they specifically emphasised "stay down". As you say, possibly over analysing things, but the thought did occur to me.

• Paid Members

More pre-gimmick character art from the internets greatest website. Some of these will blow your mind. Some quality Crush art.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/superstar-sket...-round-2-photos

Its funny how every original sketch the artist seems to have the idea that the wrestler in question is a homosexual.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator
More pre-gimmick character art from the internets greatest website. Some of these will blow your mind. Some quality Crush art.

Its funny how every original sketch the artist seems to have the idea that the wrestler in question is a homosexual.

Stunning stuff. I note that some of them got recycled somehow, like the Crush look that was a proto-Kane.

And this

63_conceptual-1-.jpg

puts me in mind of this

fleetwood-mac-rumours_sq-11b0b64b5817a55faed7c89d205d46f1d9afcf45-s6-c30.jpg

Anyone think this Heyman vs Punk fued will lead to the debut of Corey Graves? I swear the phrase "Stay Down" has been used a bunch of times by Heyman, and Axel used the phrase in a tweet during Raw. Plus, he looks like a cut price version of Punk, so it would kind of fit. I'm almost certainly looking at it way too subtly, but the thought just kind of occurred to me.

I did think the exact same thing, particularly when they specifically emphasised "stay down". As you say, possibly over analysing things, but the thought did occur to me.

The visual similarities between Punk and Graves make it him a fairly obvious choice for someone to introduce. It'll be Heyman replacing Punk with someone similar who he deems better.

• Paid Members

I could deal with Graves coming up onto the main roster, he's not bad in ring, has a decent (if Punk lite) look and for the purpose he would serve would be a better fit than Axel who really should be defending the belt after this PPV finishes. Plus if Heyman started bringing up some NXT guys as Paul Heyman guys it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, what is the face/heel divide like after all the injuries?

• Paid Members

Corey Graves shouldn't be anywhere near a feud with someone of CM Punk's standing. Graves is like one of those tranny Cher tribute acts who cant sing as well as the person he's ripping off. Graves should be on Smackdown teaming with someone at this stage of his career.

I cant see what you do with that feud past the similar tattoos. Punk should never put him over and he'd get absolutely murdered on the microphone.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Haha! I thought that as well. "Is there any way we can get assless chaps on this guy?"

Mad that they were designing stuff for Kevin Nash to wear in the gym and on media appearances. Was the new talent in 1995 so bad that the design artists were told to spend the days drawing blazers in case Diesel got invited on a talk show instead?

• Paid Members

Haha! I thought that as well. "Is there any way we can get assless chaps on this guy?"

All chaps are assless.

Bringing up Graves with the intention of bringing massive attention to the fact he's a much, much poorer version of CM Punk does not seem like a good idea at all.

Don't you already think Punk is a twiglet with attitude, SOC?

Christ, how low do you think of Graves?

But, yeah, he is shit. And takes himself way too seriously. But, at least we know whose kept Hot Topic in business so long. Well, him and teenage girls.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I don't mind Punk. Sometimes I don't like him much, other times he can be pretty special, he is really hit and miss for me I guess. I thought he was great in his early babyface run in WWE and really great in his heel run from 2009 onwards. I mainly don't like 'internet favourite' CM Punk, when he's pandering to that portion of the audience and I can't stand his bullshit 'I've always being held back and nobody in the office wanted me to succeed' that he always insists on pushing.

Graves though? Yeah not much of a fan at all there.