Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I watched House of Hardcore the debut show yesterday and really enjoyed the show. Thought it had a nice flow and a cracking roster with the likes of Dreamer, Knox, Tony Nese, Rhino, Callihan, Big XLG, Scott Steiner, Edge, Big Daddy V, Chris Masters, Crowbar, Winter, Jazz, Shaun Davari etc. Plus some really good matches. Luckily they didn't make it all about the ECW names and the parts they were involved in weren't too bad either. Tony Nese is very good, it's a shame TNA never bothered with the bloke.

 

What happened to the October event they were advertising and promoting at the end of the show?

Edited by Twinn
Posted

I've been listening to quite a few Scott Steiner radio interviews from the past couple of years on Youtube tonight. He has to be the funniest bloke in wrestling, intentional or not. He buries the Quebecers in several of them without going into too much detail other than '' they were fucking horrible''. Anyone shed any light on this or is it just Scott Steiner being Scott Steiner?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

A load of people hated working with Jacques Rougeau, and Pierre Outlette had a bit of a rep for wanting his own way as well. Pierre had a fight with Diesel and Jacques had a scrap with Dynamite Kid, so they weren't a quiet pair. The Fabulous Rougeaus had the same rep. Jacques always used to do little dances and flips and general silliness which rubbed up the super serious lot like Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart the wrong way. I imagine if anyone is going to be wound up by them, its Scott Steiner.

 

The Quebecers were awesome though. Completely forgotten about. No Mattel Legends figure for us PCOnatics. But they were over huge for a few months, and usually delivered the goods in TV matches. Pierre and Jacques were squash match masters. Go watch one of their squash matches. They just slap these poor fuckers about.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Paid Members
Posted
A load of people hated working with Jacques Rougeau, and Pierre Outlette had a bit of a rep for wanting his own way as well. Pierre had a fight with Diesel and Jacques had a scrap with Dynamite Kid, so they weren't a quiet pair. The Fabulous Rougeaus had the same rep. Jacques always used to do little dances and flips and general silliness which rubbed up the super serious lot like Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart the wrong way. I imagine if anyone is going to be wound up by them, its Scott Steiner.

 

The Quebecers were awesome though. Completely forgotten about. No Mattel Legends figure for us PCOnatics. But they were over huge for a few months, and usually delivered the goods in TV matches. Pierre and Jacques were squash match masters. Go watch one of their squash matches. They just slap these poor fuckers about.

 

Their feud with the Steiners is one of my favourite things in wrestling ever. I was pissed off when they won that Quebec Rules match on Raw but generally I loved them and thought they were hilarious.

Posted
I watched House of Hardcore the debut show yesterday and really enjoyed the show. Thought it had a nice flow and a cracking roster with the likes of Dreamer, Knox, Tony Nese, Rhino, Callihan, Big XLG, Scott Steiner, Edge, Big Daddy V, Chris Masters, Crowbar, Winter, Jazz, Shaun Davari etc. Plus some really good matches. Luckily they didn't make it all about the ECW names and the parts they were involved in weren't too bad either. Tony Nese is very good, it's a shame TNA never bothered with the bloke.

 

What happened to the October event they were advertising and promoting at the end of the show?

 

Do you mind me asking where you got a hold of this mate? Can't seem to find it on the usual sites.

Posted

The Rougeaus were brilliant. Probably my fave WWF tag team behind the Rockers. One of the greatest matches I've ever seen was that one against the Rockers in London(?) where they're stooging and show boating for like ten minutes but the Rockers just wind them up and make them look like mugs every time. PCO is underrated too, I need to check out his post wwf stuff.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, it's London from the 89 tour, though they do much the same schtick on Paris, which is on the WWF World Tour 89/90 tape. And it's great.

  • Moderators
Posted

Now, I love Jacques Rougeau, probably for reasons everyone else hates him. He can do what he wants and still sell out the Molson Centre. Probably could now. He was also a talent in my eyes. But still...

 

Molson Centre...

 

I'll pretend to retire...

 

I'll sell it out...

 

Anyone will put me over clean for a cut...

 

"Brother?"

 

I'm KING OF QUEBEC!

  • Moderators
Posted

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

 

Just been talking to Dirty Dutch on FB.

 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

 

He called me SIR!

 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

 

I talked about him being on the satellite on Screensport with Dr Tom, and he called me Sir and thanked me for remembering.

 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMG

 

DUTCH FUCKING MANTELL

 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

  • Paid Members
Posted

Given previous UKFFers were being criticised a while back for calling current WWE stars Jon Moxley, Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castagnoli I guess you meant to call him Zeb Colter? ;)

 

But more relevantly that's pretty cool! My biggest wrestling facebook achievement was getting a reply from Tyler Reks regarding a meme of him going about.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Dirty Dutch is different. After all, Zeb's been called Dirty Dutch for about 30 years, if not longer. So I think it's a touch different. And also, his FB account is under Dutch Mantell. It's not as if that's a new name, he did commentary on Worldwide on ITV 21 years ago under it.

 

Bill Dundee was never Sir William, and Dutch Mantell will never be Zeb Colter.

 

(Even though, for the record, Dutch still being Uncle Zeb is some awesome WWE continuity and the first time he cam out with Swagger, Jerry Lawler made it amazing. That's why Lawler is the best ever. Mongs say Michaels, Men say Lawler, or Funk, or Hansen).

Edited by PowerButchi
Posted
Dirty Dutch is different. After all, Zeb's been called Dirty Dutch for about 30 years, if not longer. So I think it's a touch different. And also, his FB account is under Dutch Mantell. It's not as if that's a new name, he did commentary on Worldwide on ITV 21 years ago under it.

 

Bill Dundee was never Sir William, and Dutch Mantell will never be Zeb Colter.

 

(Even though, for the record, Dutch still being Uncle Zeb is some awesome WWE continuity and the first time he cam out with Swagger, Jerry Lawler made it amazing. That's why Lawler is the best ever. Mongs say Michaels, Men say Lawler, or Funk, or Hansen).

 

Really? Fuck me that's great. I missed that from Lawler, I just assumed the name was a nice little nod to his old character but if it's the same person that's amazing.

Posted

Back in 2000 when ECW started airing on Bravo again and released VHS here in MVC(!!) I remember reading in Power Slam that there were rumblings about the ECW running a show here. Anybody have any light on this? How close were they? Would Chilly Willy and "Wild" Bill Wiles have been there?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...