Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Didn't want to drag up an old lookalikes thread and therefore subject the forum to yet more "Edge & the guy from Puddle of Mudd, Jerry Lynn & the guy from Nickelback" stuff, but noticed while listening to some classic rhythm & blues earlier that Dean Ambrose bears a strong resemblence to Eric Burdon of the Animals c.1965 (particularly bottom left)

0000001383_500.jpg

• Paid Members

The good bits of Botchamania were never the botches anyway, i never watched for them. The shoot interview stories accompanied by a clip of what's being described was probably my favourite ever feature. And it's had some nice quirks over the years with some creative editing but if it's just plain botches it's rubbish. Maffew also comes across like a bit of Fin Martin.

• Paid Members
The shoot interview stories accompanied by a clip of what's being described was probably my favourite ever feature.

I'll second that, they were all ways great. The one with funk and the ring explosion still makes me laugh now.

Which brings me to a question, where can you pick up some of those in full where they are watching a match and what are they called on the trading ring?

I know Vader and Sandman did some but who else has some out there.

Edited by Tommy!

Not just the Rumble, PPVs in general are regularly advertised on the radio over here.

Didnt realise, found it a bit odd to start with. Im like whut? Royal Rumble Ads, Cool!

Cheers for the information!

• Paid Members
Maffew also comes across like a bit of Fin Martin.

Yeah, his twitter's proof positive of that kind of thing.

Maffew did Video Corner for PS last month. It didn't appear this month, replaced in the same spot beneath Twitter Watch with the always pointless and often out-of-date "We Are The Champions."

• Paid Members

You might like this. I just got into a tiff on Facebook about the wonder of Hogan Day (which today is, for me) with a mate from school who is a complete smark. What follows is about 60% genuine and 40% winding him up, but it's spirited, so what the hell.

Raid : "Hogan day today!! Yes, some matches will happen too. But FUCK! HOGAN! HULK HOGAN! OLD MAN TERRY! HULK, THE HULK, HULKSTER, HULKY BABY, HULKAMANIA! It's running wild! Train, say your prayers, take your vitamins, believe in yourself, and believe in HULK HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN! and Sting."

Smark : "Hogan is a cunt."

Raid : "Smarky Smarkson, you owe every bit of wrestling you have ever watched or wanted to watch to Hulk Hogan. If it wasn't for him, we'd all be playing Warcraft, reading White Dwarf with one hand, wanking with the other listening to Simple fucking Plan instead of pursuing the love of Our Great Sport (TM Schiavone)."

Smark : "Hogan may have built the sport, but it wasn't him that dragged me in.....that was Bret Hart and British Bulldog at Summerslam 92. Hogan has been a hack for as long as I remember."

Raid : "... and you owe SummerSlam '92 to Hogan. If it wasn't for him, the WWF would have stayed a regional trying to flog Pedro to the Hispanics or Bruno to the Italian New Yawkers or Bobby Backlund to GOD KNOWS, the NWA would probably still be king, and you or I would probably be waiting years on end for the closest thing to decent wrestling coming over here even if we did want to watch it, which we wouldn't. As a Bret Hart fan I didn't care for Mania IX either, but when I think of everything he's done even SINCE for the sport, never mind before. He made WcW great again as part of the nWo and gave us the Monday Night War which rejuvenated the WWF itself, he works tirelessly to try and make TNA a bigger global presence and increase their chances of being a viable alternative, he does everything for the charities and the terminally ill children, it's said (by Kevin Nash, off the top of my head) that he's about the only guy apart from Cena in the business today that will sign everyone's crap if they've queued, waited and been admitted to see him, and apart from a bit of politicking with certain match results - which you'd like to think the biggest name in the history of the industry has earned the right to do - all the workers say what a lovely bloke he is, and every fan I know that's met him says the same. Fuck workrate, fuck Kenny Kickpads and Flippy McGillicutty racing to the first 630 Moonbomb of a 6 minute match, and fuck the smartmarks too. Hogan is a superhero, and there's only Flair that belongs in the same breath as him in terms of "without him, we'd have nothing.""

He hasn't said a word since. If this makes even one of you smile, I'm a happy man.

• Moderators

DEAD GOOD FLAVOUR!

You know what, there wasn't much good in WCW from 2000 according to my memory, but you know what was great?

Goldberg vs Jim Duggan

Actually, is it worth us revisiting 2000 WCW? What was good that year, other than Ernest Milller?