Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Christian was 10000x Edge to be fair. Shame he was short. More charismatic, pissed on him as a worker too. Him as the ace of ECW is one of the best runs I've ever seen.

The time to push Christian was just before he walked out, he was massive over and was probably the most consistent, and genuinely funny performer on the roster.

Edited by FUM

Yeah you just know that some silly fucker will have a box of those Booty-Os on a shelf along with the rest of their wrestling merch on a shelf in their bedroom come August.

If you want a box of Booty-Os with a New Day T Shirt inside it's $26 . 

Edited by The Clint

Watching the Cruiserweight Classic last night, and it was my first time seeing Zack Sabre Jr.

Now, his in ring work was impressive, but he looks like Peter Crouch's lankier younger brother.  I think I've seen more mass on people with muscular dystrophy.

Christian was 10000x Edge to be fair. Shame he was short. More charismatic, pissed on him as a worker too. Him as the ace of ECW is one of the best runs I've ever seen.

The time to push Christian was just before he walked out, he was massive over and was probably the most consistent, and genuinely funny performer on the roster.

The mini feud with Cena was genuinely one of the most fun things WWE have ever done. I just wish they'd fully pulled the trigger on it. 

I wonder what the Guerrero family, and especially Eddie's eldest daughter Shaul, think to Sasha Banks.

Sasha has often said in interviews how much she idolised Eddie, her tights & frog splash at WrestleMania 32 were done as tributes to him, and then she did the classic Eddie cheating move to get Dana Brooke removed from ringside on TV recently.

She's doing such a good job that I imagine any of the Guerrero's who pay attention to WWE tv would be suitably impressed, but Shaul tried and failed to become a WWE Diva a few years ago.

She was under WWE contract from 2010 to 2014, and as Raquel Diaz made it as far as NXT TV in 2013/2014 before was released. I don't think she stayed in wrestling after that.

I imagine she will have hoped to do what Sasha has done and it must be weird watching somebody else do it.

How are they going to sell that SummerSlam concert with Flo Rida? It's the Thursday before the PPV. I just can't imagine an audience for it that'll be anything more than really embarrassing looking. Obviously your core 'rasslin crowd aren't going to attend so it'll be more of a general pop concert but... yeah. It's for Conor's Cure, great cause and all, but the WWE/Flo Rida love in is one of the most baffling things in recent years.

I wonder what the Guerrero family, and especially Eddie's eldest daughter Shaul, think to Sasha Banks.

Sasha has often said in interviews how much she idolised Eddie, her tights & frog splash at WrestleMania 32 were done as tributes to him, and then she did the classic Eddie cheating move to get Dana Brooke removed from ringside on TV recently.

She's doing such a good job that I imagine any of the Guerrero's who pay attention to WWE tv would be suitably impressed, but Shaul tried and failed to become a WWE Diva a few years ago.

She was under WWE contract from 2010 to 2014, and as Raquel Diaz made it as far as NXT TV in 2013/2014 before was released. I don't think she stayed in wrestling after that.

I imagine she will have hoped to do what Sasha has done and it must be weird watching somebody else do it.

Wrestlings not for everyone, she requested her release back in 2012 to carry on with school work, came back a year later then was released according to her due to an eating disorder.

She's young and could return, she's married to Aiden English.

In regards to Eddie Guerrero doesn't every wrestler say that's who they idolised in interviews nowadays?

Many wrestlers do talk about being a big fan, but getting ring gear designed to look like Eddie's on the biggest show of the year was above and beyond anyone else paying tribute to him.

Shaul trying to become a wrestler and not making it to WWE, then somebody else around the same age being more successful just a year or two later seems like an interesting scenario.

Maybe it bothers Shaul, maybe she doesn't give a shit. Same with Vickie.

• Paid Members

I've been watching a lot of 1997 WCW, and I never realised the first time round how awesome Alex Wright was. So I looked him up, he's only 41, which seems insane to me. I'd actually be really up for an Alex Wright nostalgia run in WWE now if I'm honest, not that there is much clamor for it I'm sure.

I've been watching a lot of 1997 WCW, and I never realised the first time round how awesome Alex Wright was. So I looked him up, he's only 41, which seems insane to me. I'd actually be really up for an Alex Wright nostalgia run in WWE now if I'm honest, not that there is much clamor for it I'm sure.

I was into his Berlyn character when he was always in the front row looking sinister, though I don't actually remember seeing him wrestle in that gimmick. Only as the dancing guy in colourful trunks.

• Paid Members

Isn't Chavo one of the road agents for Lucha Underground? I don't understand how one of the most boring men ever can play any part in assembling such a product

I don't think being a LU road agent requires much effort. "Aerostar, go do some mad flips", "Mil Muertes, punch motherfuckers in the face" "Sexy Star, muck everything up".

Edited by LaGoosh