Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Have recently been thinking how Sasha Banks is essentially just the same as all the other girls now. Bad to average matches, terrible interviews...anything that was special has gone. I know it's said a lot, but WWE used to be able to get even shit people over. Now they can't even get good people over, with the tiny number of exceptions (AJ.......erm.....). Pushing people badly that people don't want, or pushing people badly that people do want, to the point where it's so bungled that they manage to be less over with a push. It's the reverse Midas touch and Sasha is the most recent victim.

You know what fuck it, I like Steve McMichael on commentary on Nitro.

Sure he was pretty clueless but his enthusiasm was infectious and came across as genuine.

Im watching though that era of WCW and he's a combination of what you've said and pure garbage hah. He's very enthusiastic, but is over shadowed by Bischoff and Heenan

Have recently been thinking how Sasha Banks is essentially just the same as all the other girls now. Bad to average matches, terrible interviews...anything that was special has gone. I know it's said a lot, but WWE used to be able to get even shit people over. Now they can't even get good people over, with the tiny number of exceptions (AJ.......erm.....). Pushing people badly that people don't want, or pushing people badly that people do want, to the point where it's so bungled that they manage to be less over with a push. It's the reverse Midas touch and Sasha is the most recent victim.

Average matches compared to what? Her Takeover matches? She's hardly going to be doing all that on Raw is she?

She's not had a prolonged decent push since she was on the roster, so to say 'anything that was special has gone' is hardly fair. She gets a great crowd reaction, her matches are solid, and I'm confused as to what you think they've completed fucked up with her?

Sasha's great, and I say that as someone who's never seen anything of her in NXT. How come she only shows up every 3rd or 4th week though? It's not necessarily a bad thing given how over exposed the majority of the roster is, but why just her?

Sure he was pretty clueless but his enthusiasm was infectious and came across as genuine.

He wasn't so enthusiastic when I saw #pokemongo trending and decided to give it a try, let me tell you.

Cap doffed

He wasn't so enthusiastic when I saw #pokemongo trending and decided to give it a try, let me tell you.

Post of the month this.

What was with the short lived tag team title reign of Spike and Tazz in early 2002 all about?

The treatment of both men prior to this was astonishing and then they go on for a two month title reign, retaining on two PPVs. They lost to Billy & Chuck on TV then didn't even receive a spot on WrestleMania X8. I always thought that was strange. Fucking Maven even got a match...

What was with the short lived tag team title reign of Spike and Tazz in early 2002 all about?

The treatment of both men prior to this was astonishing and then they go on for a two month title reign, retaining on two PPVs. They lost to Billy & Chuck on TV then didn't even receive a spot on WrestleMania X8. I always thought that was strange. Fucking Maven even got a match...

I remember really liking that run, short lived though it was. Their title win over Bubba and D-Von (IIRC) felt like the first important tag title change in months.

Spike had a great run in WWE, really. He overachieved plenty of times with cool little angles with what you would expect a guy of his stock to reasonably be able to accomplish there. I'd throw his name in for that fantasy Ruthless Agression talent influx thing everyone was doing for the draft.

Also all my mates love him and that counts for everything, obviously. Everyone remembers D'Lo Brown being really cool, Rhyno being really cool and Spike Dudley being really cool. Certain guys on this side of the pond just got over and stayed over inexplicably when we were all in school and stayed that way in memory.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

There was a right weirdo in the my sisters year at school called Dusty Rhodes. He ended up shagging my mates girlfriend actually. Scruffy fucker.

There was a guy I worked with for a while called Stu Hart. I didn't ask if he has a dungeon but he looked the type.

• Paid Members

Making my way through these and they're very enjoyable:

16+ hour compilation of Dave Meltzer talking the history/context of every WrestleMania and Starrcade: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5PFU0bPgAExSW9CcXlPQU04SGM&usp=sharing

(You'll have to download as they don't stream directly.)

But then get to the WM22 one and the fella whose interviewing Meltz starts going on about why John Cena stopped being a Vanilla Ice rip-off and the fucker, without a single shred of irony, then says that the night Cena brought back thuganomics in 2012 was the one time he could hang with The Rock on the stick in their feud. That might be the biggest load of horseshit I've ever heard in my life. And given the state of this country for the last three weeks, I'm aware of just how big a claim that is. Cena fucking destroyed The Rock in that feud. And he did it without writing his lines on his wrist.

• Paid Members

Sasha's great, and I say that as someone who's never seen anything of her in NXT. How come she only shows up every 3rd or 4th week though? It's not necessarily a bad thing given how over exposed the majority of the roster is, but why just her?

IIRC, she was out for a while with a concussion and then they decided to hold her off screen until they were ready to start the feud with Charlotte and could bring her back as a big deal, rather than have her treading water.

How did Vickie Guerrero end up with uber-heat anyway? I mean, no shit, she's shrill, but I didn't see her introduced to the company so it's long been a bit of a mystery how Eddie's widow got so much heat