Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

To be honest, I really liked Vince on commentary. I don't care that he doesn't know half the moves, his enthusiasm is great and he doesn't take it too seriously. Much prefer him to JR.

• Paid Members

With Vince there is a heap of childhood nostalgia tied to his commentary, so I'll never dislike it. It's also why I never got folk moaning about Monsoon.

One of the great treats of recent years was that time McMahon and Ventura did commentary on an old school Raw. Granted, Vince's voice is shot, but it was nice to hear them back together and bickering like my Gran and Grandad.

• Paid Members

Jim Neidhart, as well. Always modeling a lovely combo of the same Tapout shirt and trackies he's been wearing for the last five years. And he tops off the ensemble with a rather fetching bright pink coke-face. That look will be all the rage this summer.

To be honest, I really liked Vince on commentary. I don't care that he doesn't know half the moves, his enthusiasm is great and he doesn't take it too seriously. Much prefer him to JR.

I liked Vince on commentary. He sold everything. The shows, the gimmicks, the turns. My favorite announce team has to be Vince, Macho and Heenan on those early RAW's.

• Paid Members

The only things I disliked about Vince were that he was sometimes too transparent with near falls, the surety that he used to proclaim a match over would often give it away that it wasn't, and occasionally he was rather too obviously cheering for the "goodies." I don't mind the play-by-play guy referring to the injustice of the heel cheating to win and that kind of fair-minded stuff, but Vince used to literally shout "Come on Hulk!!!" or shout "GIVE IT TO HIM!" when HBK was about to wallop a heel with the superkick, and it grated a bit.

But for the most part he was fine. I'll take Vince and a "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack body drop!" over JR's ranting any day of the week.

• Paid Members

I liked Vince on commentary. He sold everything. The shows, the gimmicks, the turns. My favorite announce team has to be Vince, Macho and Heenan on those early RAW's.

Mine too. They worked perfectly together, especially during the first The Kid / Razor Ramon match. Complimented each other so well.

The only things I disliked about Vince were that he was sometimes too transparent with near falls, the surety that he used to proclaim a match over would often give it away that it wasn't, and occasionally he was rather too obviously cheering for the "goodies." I don't mind the play-by-play guy referring to the injustice of the heel cheating to win and that kind of fair-minded stuff, but Vince used to literally shout "Come on Hulk!!!" or shout "GIVE IT TO HIM!" when HBK was about to wallop a heel with the superkick, and it grated a bit.

But for the most part he was fine. I'll take Vince and a "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack body drop!" over JR's ranting any day of the week.

Well I like JR and all. But hey, I've always thought, it's Vince's show. In the early RAW's he was the one selling everything. He knew how the angle was to go and sold it accordingly.

Also little things, not just commentary. Backlund throwing the chickenwing on the magazine writer, and Vince pleading with him to let go. Restraining Savage from jumping Crush, trying to save Macho's job. It's stating the obvious, but Vince is an absolute pro this end of the camera.

• Paid Members
Jim Neidhart, as well. Always modeling a lovely combo of the same Tapout shirt and trackies he's been wearing for the last five years. And he tops off the ensemble with a rather fetching bright pink coke-face. That look will be all the rage this summer.

It's going to be a fucking tragedy when someone calls the police because of the milk and papers piling up outside casa del Anvil, and they find a skeleton in a filthy t-shirt, trackkies, and some whips of beard fur blowing around the crack kitchen.

• Paid Members

I was watching the Nova shoot and it amazes me how every time you hear about WWE around 2005 it sounds like the most miserable place on earth. Every time someone talks about Benoit he comes across as a future child murderer. Nova tells a story of how Benoit and a bunch of his little bully mates treated Justin Roberts like shit because he threw t-shirts like a girl. So they look this as an opportunity to bully the weak. The worst thing was they nicked his passport when he was over here on a UK tour so he couldn't fly back. What a shitbag. He also bullied Matt Striker and Muhammad Hassan.

Benoit is such a horrible twat by the sounds of it. Amazing we only heard great stuff about him when he was alive. A lot of the roster sounds horrendous.