Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Anyway, Vince McMahon loses the plot somewhat. I dont know if its the coke he was (allegedly) on or what, but Vince is on commentary and when Demolition hit their finisher Vince begins to discuss the dangers of the move in the Royal Rumble "that's one way you can win the Rumble, you can be pinned, you can be submitted, you can be DQ'd and you can be throw over the top". What's he talking about? This is a bloke who competes with his own sneezes and doesn't like to look weak and he cant remember the rules of the biggest gimmick match of the era? Shame on Vince.

Never seen that, sounds mad. Even the best get carried away on commentary though. Dubbing an England friendly (Sweden 3-3 at Elland Road) and Peter Brackley says "England came back to earn a point". In a friendly?

I'm not sure it was entirely deliberate but it's quite amazing how much Backlash 2000 and the Raw after seem to set up Wrestlemania 17 and it's aftermath. There's Lawler's suggestion that maybe Vince has done a deal with Austin to screw The Rock, there's Austin and Rock toasting the title, there's Vince doing anything he can stipulation wise to screw The Rock and him being so desperate to get the title on someone he can control that he doesn't care if his own son falls backwards off a steel cage. I know it's more a case of looking for patterns in hindsight but giving the period it surprised me how much the two shows seem to connect.

1999-2000 Kurt Angle is such a good character. One of my favourites. It's easy to forget how good this man can with so many years of him floating about TNA and nearly killing himself. But Angle is amazing.

Can't find the example I was looking for (It was the post KOTR 2000 RAW where Angle is backstage with some common bloke deciding what to call himself)

Here's one. Excellent

They were in the 6 man Hell in a Cell together, where Rikishi took a jump into some crash mats and sawdust, weren't they?

So they'd have had some involvement with each other around that time I guess.

Edit, just checked and Bulldog wasn't in it. Was convinced he was.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

They were in the 6 man Hell in a Cell together, where Rikishi took a jump into some crash mats and sawdust, weren't they?

So they'd have had some involvement with each other around that time I guess.

Edit, just checked and Bulldog wasn't in it. Was convinced he was.

Reckon you're thinking of that six pack challenge at Unforgiven the year before. Bulldog was definitely in that.

Did Angle knock about with Bulldog for long?my memory of that period is hazy enough.

21.02.2000 World Wrestling Entertainment Kurt Angle & The British Bulldog defeat Chris Jericho & Chyna (2:48)

WWF RAW is WAR #352 @ Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia, USA

18.01.2000 World Wrestling Entertainment Al Snow & Steve Blackman defeat Kurt Angle & The British Bulldog (1:12)

WWF SmackDown #23 @ Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Those two times were the only ones they ever shared the same ring.

• Paid Members

Poundland in Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow have a shit-load of WWE films in. All the newish WWE films and absolute tons of "No Holds Barred". Must have got a job-lot.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Last night I couldn't sleep and got thinking about future hof inductees over the future years, this is what I came up with in no particular order or timeframe:

Headliners: rock, taker, nwo, dx, hart foundation, macho, HHH, cena, orton, Batista, punk, bryan( if momentum continues), sting, lesnar, angle, vince

Celeb: mayweather, LT (not sure if he got done for rape 2 yrs ago though?), rourke,

Undercard: free birds, Luger, steiners, big show, Owen hart(?), new age outlaws( if not inducted in dx), regal, cole, jbl, godfather, Kane, heyman, great muta(was big in wcw in early 90's), bischoff, Jarrett, menry, goldust, rey, Christian, teddy long, Lillian Garcia, demolition, doink, Sid, y2j,

I tried to include people that have done noteworthy stuff in the business or been included in high profile schtick, probably missed tonnes of worthy guys and included many people dont think will get in & I can't even think back to nwa and further into the 80's at the mo.

Guess the hof will be safe inducting at least 6 per year for the future though.

Edited by honor87

Last night I couldn't sleep and got thinking about future hof inductees over the future years, this is what I came up with in no particular order or timeframe:

Headliners: rock, taker, nwo, dx, hart foundation, macho, HHH, cena, orton, Batista, punk, bryan( if momentum continues), sting, lesnar, angle, vince

Celeb: mayweather, LT (not sure if he got done for rape 2 yrs ago though?), rourke,

Undercard: free birds, Luger, steiners, big show, Owen hart(?), new age outlaws( if not inducted in dx), regal, cole, jbl, godfather, Kane, heyman, great muta(was big in wcw in early 90's), bischoff, Jarrett, menry, goldust, rey, Christian, teddy long, Lillian Garcia, demolition, doink, Sid, y2j,

When Vince goes in, the HoF that year should have him as the lone inductee, like Andre.

Some other suggestions: Vader, Bulldog, Nash (will probably get inducted as Diesel), Rick Martel, Elizabeth, Honky Tonk Man, the Rougeaus, Boss Man, Earthquake, Tatanka