Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator
They should give him another Real American to team with Swagger, can't think who'd fit the bill.

Big E would be a good fit with Swagger's style, and <Raw spoiler>

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

with Big E facing Cesaro for the IC title soon there's a few plausible ways to do it. Swagger sabotages, Big E approves and turns to the Americans.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It's not like E is doing anything productive right now. He could use the mouthpiece too.

• Paid Members
They should give him another Real American to team with Swagger, can't think who'd fit the bill.

Big E would be a good fit with Swagger's style, and <Raw spoiler>

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

with Big E facing Cesaro for the IC title soon there's a few plausible ways to do it. Swagger sabotages, Big E approves and turns to the Americans.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It's not like E is doing anything productive right now. He could use the mouthpiece too.

I thought Big E but I think he has mileage as a face and a turn would be too soon, he is still a face right? I hope he gets some momentum back. Ryback could work, have Zeb and being in a decent tag team help him get over a bit 'til he can go off refreshed like Cesaro and do his own thing. The opposite to the team he's in now where he's just treading water being weighed down with a partner that doesn't suit him.

• Paid Members

I dunno, in pretty convinced it should be Alberto del Rio. Part of the joy of Cesaro in that team was the fact that he, you know, wasn't american and the idea of him getting a Mexican in is just beautiful hypocrisy.

WWE are so good at character building skits, it's a shame they are hardly used on Raw. All the best stuff seems to be made for WWE.com and such. The Sheild did an awesome in character sit down interview before Wrestlemania which just are all three guys so much more likeable. There is that awesome video of Cesaro's training regime. Cody Rhodes in wrestler's court. I understand they want more focus on the in-ring product to help market them in non-English speaking areas, it's just a shame this is at a detriment to the wrestler's in ring characters.

Seeing as WWE is now apparently in the reality era, I'd like them to use the a secondary show like Main Event as pure character and plot building. Kind of like a weekly Total Divas, but showing all the roster. Build little stories, have interviews, vignettes and no matches. On Raw they could show highlights during entrances and even split screens at the start matches giving a quick run down on what the beef is/who this is. They could do it in a way that doesn't leave anyone out who can't be bothered to watch the the other show (like how they explain bits and bobs from Total Divas.)

They could still run some of the main stories on Raw, but just give an extra little hour show to build everyone else up. The beauty of this would be everything would be pre recorded and out of sight of the fans before it airs. Meaning they can throw all sorts of shit at the wall, and if something doesn't work then it just doesn't make the show. The only problem I see is that with Raw being three hours now it might be too much for people to squeeze in another hour of wrestling a week, but I guess WWE have never been scared to produce too much content

I think Main Event still has TV deals in foreign markets, which would make it a hard sell. But I'd love them to turn that or Superstars (or just make a new hour on the network) like you've described. Cody Rhodes is better on WWE's Youtube than he's been on TV in years. Even Curtis Axel was alright on Santino's Foreign Exchange. It's high time they did another Tuesday Night Titans.

I'd actually love them to use the first hour of Raw as that kind of character-building show, but there's no way it'd happen.

I'd actually be more inclined to watch SmackDown every week if they made it a show like has been suggested above for Main Event, again with the foreign tv deals it can't happen but even if they took say 15/20 minutes of wrestling off SD every week and put some skits in it'd make a massive difference

Who'd have 15 years after everyone slagged off WCW and the WWF for having too much backstage stuff we'd be wanting more of it now and less wrestling?

• Paid Members
I reckon it could be Sheamus.

That would work. Sheamus is a really good talent in a listless spot. Zeb deserves a bit better than lower-card guys. It could work for both. Plus every American in the North East claims they're Irish or Italian so Sheamus fits right in.

If they need to keep Daniel Bryan busy, they could do worse than having Zeb become obsessed with him, build a "Heenan family" type stable and line up guys to take the title off Bryan. SHeamus and Del Rio would be a good start.

I'd actually be more inclined to watch SmackDown every week if they made it a show like has been suggested above for Main Event, again with the foreign tv deals it can't happen but even if they took say 15/20 minutes of wrestling off SD every week and put some skits in it'd make a massive difference

Who'd have 15 years after everyone slagged off WCW and the WWF for having too much backstage stuff we'd be wanting more of it now and less wrestling?

I suppose it could actually work with Smackdown because it's prerecorded. They could film it as they do now but produce two versions. Have an English version which is half matches and half character based stuff (and less Raw recaps,) then a foreign version which is more match based. The matches that don't make the English version could then also be used at "network exclusives" so they squeeze as much out of this as possible. Smackdown has always suffered from being pre recorded because spoilers will ruin the impact of putting anything good on the show, but that's not really a factor with vignettes, skits and interviews

• Paid Members
I reckon it could be Sheamus.

Sheamus and Del Rio are too big on their own for that spot. Hope they give it to someone though, Zeb, Swaggie and another man is a good combo.

I think you're massively overestimating their spots. Particularly del Rios. He's a nothing right now