Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I particularly enjoyed the skit where Austin got the sack and was hunting McMahon down. McMahon was holed up in his office, and Mankind came to give him some company bringing a bin bag of sweets and games. Comedy Mankind in late '98 was hilarious chasing Mr. McMahon's affections.

I love it anyway, but Boss Man's face turn just doesn't work for me, brother. The segment where it happens very quickly gets ace because Dibiase's such a great heel and Boss Man spitting all over him calling him a fat faced puke is more than enough to get the fans on board. But what's his problem with Slick taking a few quid for it in the first place? There's no way Boss Man wasn't wrapped up in all sorts of corruption for title shots and other chicanery in his first two years knocking about with Slick and Akeem. And to start the segment, he fucking leathers Jake with the nightstick. Just seconds earlier, he is a BAD bastard.

The segment's still superb, but as a mechanism for the turn, I don't love it.

I'm watching Cena vs Big Show from Wrestlemania 20 on the Network, and during Cena's promo at the beginning the camera cuts to the crowd and you can clearly see the 'We hate Cena' guy chanting 'DAMN STRAIGHT' along with him.

• Paid Members
The segment's still superb, but as a mechanism for the turn, I don't love it.

With you, mostly because Boss Man's whole problem with Slick taking Ted's money is completely at odds with what they did with the same cast of characters - Slick, Twin Towers, DiBiase - at the Rumble a little over a year previous.

• Paid Members

On a slightly similar note, I'm watching Wrestlemania 26 and I forgot how enjoyable Triple H v Sheamus was. A really good midcard battle between two heavyweight types. Mental looking back that they stuck Triple H in such a clear midcard spot.

• Paid Members
On a slightly similar note, I'm watching Wrestlemania 26 and I forgot how enjoyable Triple H v Sheamus was. A really good midcard battle between two heavyweight types. Mental looking back that they stuck Triple H in such a clear midcard spot.

He wanted it. Sheamus was his workout buddy.

The opening 5 minutes of WarGames 91 was so good. Pillman and Windham just going full throttle, the rest of the match is also great, the stereo figure fours and a super performance from Flair. Pillman was the MVP though, so much so that I decided to re-watch a lot of his WCW run. What's the general consensus on Pillman's WCW run?

It wasn't really a midcard spot -- well, WrestleMania midcard, but it was a main eventers match. Sheamus was WWE champion and undefeated until a few weeks prior. Once you take off Michaels, Undertaker, Cena and Batista, Sheamus was about as big a match as HHH could have had that year. It wasn't like he was fighting the pre-show King Sheamus of a year later.