Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

To get around that they could do what they did when Bret first returned in January 2010.

Vince brought him back and gave him the red carpet treatment, the crowd went wild, and then he kicked him in the bollocks revealing his true feelings that Bret wasn't really welcome in his ring anymore.

One of the people in power (Vince, HHH, and/or Stephanie) could bring Hogan back for the Rumble and then arrange for him to be screwed out of winning it.

To get around that they could do what they did when Bret first returned in January 2010.

Vince brought him back and gave him the red carpet treatment, the crowd went wild, and then he kicked him in the bollocks revealing his true feelings that Bret wasn't really welcome in his ring anymore.

One of the people in power (Vince, HHH, and/or Stephanie) could bring Hogan back for the Rumble and then arrange for him to be screwed out of winning it.

Yeah, but they still should still announce the appearance ahead of time, rather than keep it as a suprise.

• Paid Members

To be honest, I was trying to think of scenarios that would avoid having to take a top rope bump.

• Paid Members

Hogan's value is that you bring him in everyone gets excited, you give him his moment at WrestleMania and he leaves again. If we got 3 months and 2 PPV appearances out of Hogan his value would diminish massively. They dont need to put him in the Royal Rumble. They need to bring him back the night after the Elimination Chamber (maybe bring him in as a one off in January) and involve him in some sort of beef where he'll promise to be at WrestleMania. The whole thing about a special attraction is keeping them special. The focus should be that Hogan gets what he wants in the end. If he comes back and says "I want the belt again" and in the end he doesn't get the belt again, then saying he wants "one more run" isn't a very good way of bringing him back. If Hogan is going to wrestle, he should be forced to come back and sort shit out. Whoever he's teaming with or feuding with should give him a reason to comeback and throw down. Like Rocky. He should be dragged back because he feels he has no choice. Jimmy Hart could play Mickie.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Mr Kennedy was going to get the blame, I heard. They were always going to expose Kennedy as Vince's son down the road. Some shit like Kennedy was going to get partial ownership of the company, so Kennedy murdered him. Or something that makes even less sense than that. I imagine Vince would have stayed dead for a good few months, with Kennedy being shit on Raw as an authority figure.

The ultimate irony being, the way Kennedy handled himself in the press following the Benoit death was the first sign of the wheels falling off Kennedy's career. He proper embarrassed them.

Here's the storyline from F4Weekly in 2007:

Here is basically the entire Vince McMahon is Dead storyline as it was originally conceived. I should note that there were other versions of this story and it would probably have changed many times prior to completion because it was very long-term and things like injuries and such always do a number on plans. Plus, this version would have required Vince to be out of the picture for a long, long time, and after about a week there was already talk of how to bring him back to TV. Anyway, the idea was that Vince got in the limo and supposedly blew up. We saw the entire storyline leading up to the big three-hour Raw which ended up being the ill-fated Chris Benoit tribute show. The plan was for that entire show to be built around an investigation, and at the end, Linda McMahon was going to be arrested. It would turn out, though, that she was innocent. In the end, nobody would be able to solve the mystery, so it would be determined that the case was closed and it was time to move on. This would lead to a special Raw where they'd air the reading of Vince's will. The reading would be done by Vince himself, on video, supposedly filmed before he blew up. Vince would then announce that he was leaving everything to his illegitimate son, Mr. Kennedy. This would be the giant revelation. This would also lead to the revelation that HHH was married to Steph and was Vince's son-in-law, and thus we'd get a long Hunter vs. Kennedy program where Hunter, the knight on the white horse, would be fighting to bring Camelot back to the McMahon Family. When the time was right, Vince would return, they'd reveal that he faked his death, and that he and Kennedy were in on the whole thing together because Vince felt Kennedy was the only one in the family with that real ruthless aggression. This would also lead to a program with Vince vs. Shane in some form. I was told last week that the plan for Raw was to basically start up the Vince is Dead storyline where it left off, though I'm not sure how much of the original story they still plan on going with. I would strongly presume that Kennedy is still playing the illegitimate son role. The company is currently grooming him to be the number one top heel even though it's acknowledged that he still has a ways to go in the ring and on the mic, largely because they feel Randy Orton has been fine lately but at his core he's still a head case and they can't built all their plans around him. Unless things change, Orton will still likely beat Cena for the belt at SummerSlam, but if he goes nuts again that idea will be scrapped.
Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I ended up watching the Rock/HHH Ironman match from Judgement Day 2000 last night. There was so much I enjoyed about it. I loved the fact that there were falls on simple things like a sleeper and a DDT. I thought as a match it was better than the Bret/Michaels match to be honest. I may be alone in this, but I thought it was excellent. Of course, the finish was a bit stupid (and poorly executed as the time had ran out) but overall thought it was very nicely put together.