Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Moderators

I do love the world's most gimmicked wrestler, whose whole 'career' consisted of feather boas, gurning, and letting a dwarf run through his legs (and looking 90 when he was 21), calling out 'pretend wrestlers'. Catch-as-catch-can technical shooter Flatliner, there.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Just rewatched the Owen Hart v Stone Cold match from Summerslam 1997 and what an absolutely fantastic match that was. I know it's remembered mostly for the neck break but it is brilliant stuff. Owen was one of those I didn't really appreciate fully at the time but I can't remember the last time I rewatched or watched one of his matches and didn't really enjoy it.

Flatliner's a classy guy.

pK4zpUE.jpg

Whilst I think Bagga is a cunt, and the rest of the tweet is true, there is no need for the P word.

You think the "pretend wrestler" bit is true? I suppose it depends on your definition (most of the general public would likely say that they're all pretend) but I'd say that guys like Roy & Zak Knight, Karl Krammer, Johnny Kidd, Paul Malen, Richard Parliament, Aron Frost, etc all have pretty damn good credentials. Are they all "spastics" too, since you think the rest of the tweet is correct?

Oddly enough, Flatliner's twitter page seems to have been taken down. Unsurprising.

Edited by Big Rob

• Paid Members
Flatliner's a classy guy.

pK4zpUE.jpg

Whilst I think Bagga is a cunt, and the rest of the tweet is true, there is no need for the P word.

You think the "pretend wrestler" bit is true? I suppose it depends on your definition (most of the general public would likely say that they're all pretend) but I'd say that guys like Roy & Zak Knight, Karl Krammer, Johnny Kidd, Paul Malen, Richard Parliament, Aron Frost, etc all have pretty damn good credentials. Are they all "spastics" too, since you think the rest of the tweet is correct?

Oddly enough, Flatliner's twitter page seems to have been taken down. Unsurprising.

To be fair it's been many years since I went to an LDN show, but back then you had people like Martin Stone and Jon Richie on cards involving 15 year old kids having their first matches when they really shouldnt have been so i should say, some of that tweet is true. Is that better?

• Paid Members

I've heard the word "paki" directed at Bagga loads on facebook and twitter over the years. Mostly from wrestlers. It really crushes the point you are trying to make if race is the first thing your ignorant brain goes to when listing off criticisms against someone. Its quite pathetic.

The "pretend wrestler" stuff is even worse. Its almost as tragic as the racism. If anyone is a pretend wrestler, its Scott Steiner's UK based dad Flatliner. His act is about as original as his 'hilarious' tweets. All he was was a steroided Uncle Albert looking fucker, who got by on the notion that "oh, he looks like one of those Americans on Sky Sports". He was a UK gimmick worker, in no danger of attracting attention from anyone who mattered in the business because he could barely move. He was pretty much the BritWres Wildcat Willy. Only with more racism. And I think he's older.

Big Rob, does Karl Krammer really still work? I saw him in 2007 and he looked in a really bad way. Looked like he needed his hips and knees replaced.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
So you're basing it off of opinions from 2006? You're clearly just letting your grudge against one guy tarnish the reputation of many others.

Why am i tarnishing anyones reputation. I made a response to a a tweet someone made. I dont believe I made reference to anyone in particular. Well, except in a weird way defending someone I cannot stand against racism.

Besides, if some fantastic workers want to work for someone who for all intents and purposes I think is a W*n*ker, I am not going to hate them for it. All got to earn bread. But, i disagree with any promoters putting workers on shows that are too young / lack experience. Bagga is not the only one who does that

You agreed with the tweet that stated that the roster were spastics and pretend, so that kind of a slur, yeah.

And Ian, yeah Karl still works. He's still pretty mobile and could come off the top rope fine, though I haven't seen him in a few months. I know he worked the LDN show at the weeks and heard positive things about the match, but I wasn't there.

• Moderators

Yes! That was the last time I saw him wrestle. They did a fun Krammer vs Big Dog bodyslam match, then a fine Krammer/Tommy Dean vs Big Dog/Stevie Starr tag team main in the February of this year. Don't think there's any footage unfortunately.

Edited by PowerButchi

There was a bit of talk in the minor news thread about wrestlers with shit tattoos, and figured I'd carry it on over here.

My main problem with wrestler's tattoos is when they don't fit the gimmick that wrestler is trying to play. Guys like Undertaker and Punk have tattoos that suit their gimmick and who they are trying to portray on TV. It suited Taker a lot more during his biker phase obviously but it goes well with his other stuff too. Randy Orton has some really lame stuff, but that's what I would expect from him, so again it fits in with his character. Even Mr Anderson's god awful shit on his back suits his character. He comes across as a dickhead trying to be hard, and that's exactly what I would expect a dickhead trying to be hard would get tattooed.

The wrestler tattoos I hate most are Santino's. Imagine his character in a tattoo studio trying to get something done, for me it just detracts from his act.

Roman Reigns has a lovely sleeve, its just fucking awesome. It's also what you would expect a badass like him to have. Top notch