Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I've heard Scott Steiner is a really big arsehole for example. Like a real knob. I know he was over here and haven't heard what people thought of him, but the general opinion is that he really hates people. Especially wrestling fans.

I think it's time we busted out Cleetus's Scott Steiner story.

I met Colt Cobana in Liverpool in 2006 at the ROH shows, and also at WrestleReunion in Miami for Wrestlemania 28 weekend last year.He was really nice and friendly to me on both occasions.Everyone just has bad days, and other people just catch them on it or at the wrong time.As for Scott Steiner... I didn't see it, but I heard he upset some people in Preston a few weeks ago. Brother Rick on the other hand, who I did see first hand, was a really nice guy.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

I'm sure Cleets has a cool story about meeting Steiner and having a conversation about DVDs or something. Sounded like a pleasant experience.I like to see the good in people. Off the top of my head, the only wrestlers I ever met and thought were knobheads were Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries and Mick Foley.

Edited by Arch Stanton

It seems to me that the people who are saying Cabana is ok are the people that have met him and the folks saying he's a dick are basing their opinion on other people's opinion. For the record I only know him as jobber Scotty Goldman and C.M. Punk's mate who was ringside at MITB '11.

• Paid Members

It seems to me that the people who are saying Cabana is ok are the people that have met him and the folks saying he's a dick are basing their opinion on other people's opinion.

There's a fair few people that met him yesterday that think he's a dick. Personally, I didn't have that experience.

I used to love Cabana but I can't stand him now. The way he seems to live off every word CM Punk does irritates me to no end. I can't even put my finger on what made me dislike him, he just seems so unlikeable.

Bullshit. I know why you dislike him, and so do you.

I met Cabana at the Money in the bank 2011 show when he was on the front row. I had a John Cena shirt on an could tell he didn't really wanna talk to me despite the fact I was very polite an respectful of him.

That's why you dislike him. Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

I've heard Scott Steiner is a really big arsehole for example. Like a real knob. I know he was over here and haven't heard what people thought of him, but the general opinion is that he really hates people. Especially wrestling fans.

I was filming with him backstage and he was fine, was very quiet but easy enough to work with. He does have the 'menacing as fuck' aura about him, like he could legit murder you if you made eye contact with him but once you get past that it was all good. Rick would happily do whatever you asked him.

• Paid Members

There might be something in that. Everybody except The Rock (who is well in with the Hollywood-running Zionists) hated Goldberg.

I'd say Goldberg was more down to the perception of him not paying his dues and all that. Where as the antisemitism in regards to Cabana has to be the hair cut and pube sideboards. Goldberg could get away with it, but I imagine Michael Hayes taking one look at Cabana and saying "he even looks like a Jew" before going off to racially abuse Kofi. Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

There is a good article featuring quotes from Cabana about antisemitism in wrestling.

"After being convinced by mutual friend, Sonjay Dutt (myspace.com/sonjd), Cabana gave SLAM! Wrestling his first post-WWE-release interview. He said over the phone that Paul Heyman's ECW was a big influence on him becoming a wrestler. "Paul E.'s success helped me prove the point to my family that another Jew had succeeded in the world of wrestling, and that I didn't have to become a doctor or lawyer like everyone else [in our Jewish social circle]."But like his role model, Cabana also described similar experiences Paul E. had as a minority in the world of wrestling. Cabana says, "When I was in OVW, one of my WWE trainers called me 'Kike Cabana,' in front of everybody! I looked at him like he was some kind of moron. It was one of the most ignorant things anyone could ever do. I'll never forget that."Cabana concluded, with a great deal of anger, "the WWE is part of corporate America, and for [one of their employees] to call me 'Kike Cabana' in front of everybody was one of the most anti-Semitic things I've ever experienced."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/03/31/8956556.htmlQuite disgusting really, and explains a lot about the disdain towards Heyman, Cabana and others by a lot of promoters and workers and even fans.

That's crazy really. Jews dominate entertainment in America, so I wonder why it would be different in wrestling.Ridiculous to think anyone would behave differently towards someone just because of their religion within the world of something as daft as wrestling.

It seems to me that the people who are saying Cabana is ok are the people that have met him and the folks saying he's a dick are basing their opinion on other people's opinion.

There's a fair few people that met him yesterday that think he's a dick. Personally, I didn't have that experience.
Fair enough, I don't read that part of the forum. I'm just relieved that not everyone has me on ignore.

Lol, nice one. I only mentioned him in one post before. And I stick by what I said. That his WrestleMania match with Jericho would soon be forgotten. I'm surprised by how over he's got, but I still don't like sleazy characters. Sorry and all that.