Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just been looking through a WWE Memes page on Facebook. They put up that photo of Eddie G and Benoit from Mania XX with Benoit removed. And you should see some of the comments. "It was obvious that Benoit was set up, he wasn't the killer"....." Why is Benoit treated so bad? Hitler killed millions and he is still spoken about..."..." His wife was a slut and his kid was a spaz, what was he meant to do?".... Seriously. What the hell goes through the minds of these morons??? Frightening to think these people are actually out in the real world communicating with sane people 😳

TROLL_ololo_by_Ephedrine86.jpg

• Awards Moderator
I love the WWE memes page. Some hilarious stuff on there, even if sometimes it is comments from people who struggle to string sentences together

Exactly. Some witty memes, but some frightening logic by various people too.

'Some'? May be my sense of humour, but I just skimmed through the past couple of weeks' worth and the only decent one I saw was a picture of Drew McIntyre being RKOed followed by Obi-Wan Kenobi shouting "you were supposed to be the Chosen One!"

It could, of course, just be that I am only amused by things that reference Star Wars.

• Paid Members

He's just had knee surgery the other day, so its not like he woke up and his leg were just like that. He doesn't work his legs anymore, though. Probably why he went full time on the long tights years ago. His knees are shot. He still looks like Hulk Hogan from the penis up. His legs look like rakes, though.

Those old WWF rings killed the knees of Hogan, Bret, Shawn, Savage, Undertaker, Piper, the lot. Most of the 80s and 90s guys either had knee replacements or are going to get them in the future or need them and can't afford them. Even Austin and Triple H had major knee problems around 97-98 when they still had the old ring. When I was reviewing those Rumbles for the thread a few weeks back, I noticed when Ted DiBiase was bumping he wasn't bouncing. No wonder they all got hooked on pain killers. The old rings were killers.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Speaking of US promoters, there's some interesting stuff here from the late Gordon Scozarri who put together some TV tapings in 91 in the states, and did a fair bit of stuff over here for some rather notable UK promoters after that seemingly.

http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbc...t=068446#000001

• Paid Members

Although the finisher pre-dates the set-up in terms of the length of time he's been using it in his arsenal, the hardened drinker in me still finds it a bit annoying that James Storm uses a move called "Closing Time" to set up for a move called "The Last Call".