Crowdsource some great music

Loki

I will have a go at this. issue is that rock and metal and stoner and stuff were being formed so there is lots of cross over from Blues that progressed. So sorry in advance if these are all over the place. I wish my mate was around, I could have you got you a very comprehensive list, as this was his kind of thing

There are a trillion different versions, ranging from dead short to overly long at 12 minute plus. This is a 7minuteish version

Phil Arnott, Cozy Powell, Don Airey and Gary Moore Supergroup Appearance on the Old Grey Whistle Test

- Probably too well known, but nothing like the Quo that many people will recognise

- Again probably too well known

Back to the more not well known

High Tide- Pushed, but not Forgotten

Flower Travelling Band- Satori Part II

Earlier stuff not rock

Will add more when I get 5 secs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Uh, motherfucker. That's slamming. I don't usually like disco-themed funk, but that's great.

Indeed. You may like the album it comes from, Another Mother Further. Their stuff is generally more funk rock based. The story goes that the song I posted is them doing a bit of a parody of Disco, while doing so they created a monster.

I will have a go at this. issue is that rock and metal and stoner and stuff were being formed so there is lots of cross over from Blues that progressed. So sorry in advance if these are all over the place. I wish my mate was around, I could have you got you a very comprehensive list, as this was his kind of thing

There are a trillion different versions, ranging from dead short to overly long at 12 minute plus. This is a 7minuteish version

Phil Arnott, Cozy Powell, Don Airey and Gary Moore Supergroup Appearance on the Old Grey Whistle Test

- Probably too well known, but nothing like the Quo that many people will recognise

- Again probably too well known

Back to the more not well known

High Tide- Pushed, but not Forgotten

Flower Travelling Band- Satori Part II

Earlier stuff not rock

Will add more when I get 5 secs

Just fantastic stuff, pat. MC5 is perfect, particularly Starship. Colosseum II are a band I'd completely forgotten about, and their Intergalactic Strut is another possibility. Gary Moore had the most amazing career, didn't he? Is there a Best Of Colosseum or owt I could buy?

Just fantastic stuff, pat. MC5 is perfect, particularly Starship. Colosseum II are a band I'd completely forgotten about, and their Intergalactic Strut is another possibility. Gary Moore had the most amazing career, didn't he? Is there a Best Of Colosseum or owt I could buy?

Gary Moore was very, very, very, very good. As for a best of. I think there's one called 'Streets and Walkways; which is a best of from around 1998. No idea what's actually on it though

Archived