Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

Meltzer has said that Jerry is ok, but that its not that great as everybody is telling each other. He's still not 100 percent and he was without oxygen for up to 10 minutes.

Thats all he said, bit weird take from it what you will.

Perhaps his friends & family are saying he's doing great considering he just had a heart attack? Obviously they don't mean he's doing great and will be out mowing the lawn or playing racquetball any time soon, but he's doing pretty well all things considered.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Meltzer has said that Jerry is ok, but that its not that great as everybody is telling each other. He's still not 100 percent and he was without oxygen for up to 10 minutes.

On the one hand it wouldn't surprise me if people were exaggerating it for the better a little bit. On the other hand I'm pretty sure Lawler's family and JR and Cole know a lot more about what's going on Meltzer does.

Where do you think Meltzer is getting his information from?

Yes, I'm sure that the close friends and relatives of Jerry Lawler are announcing to the world that he's okay only to get their rocks off by telling some two bit newsletter guy.

I'm not suggesting they're changing their story, but there is such a thing as a) putting a public face on things and b) saying he's ok considering he's just had a major heart attack. I'm not saying he's not ok, and I don't think Meltzer is either, he's just saying he's not necessarily out of the woods, which doesn't seem to be a massive stretch

On the one hand it wouldn't surprise me if people were exaggerating it for the better a little bit. On the other hand I'm pretty sure Lawler's family and JR and Cole know a lot more about what's going on Meltzer does.

Where do you think Meltzer is getting his information from?

Yes, I'm sure that the close friends and relatives of Jerry Lawler are announcing to the world that he's okay only to get their rocks off by telling some two bit newsletter guy.

I'm not suggesting they're changing their story, but there is such a thing as a) putting a public face on things and b) saying he's ok considering he's just had a major heart attack. I'm not saying he's not ok, and I don't think Meltzer is either, he's just saying he's not necessarily out of the woods, which doesn't seem to be a massive stretch

Thats what Meltzer said yes. Also, he made it clear the info came from the family.

Update from WWE.com.

Contains small Raw Spoiler

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

LATEST UPDATE: 9/17/12, 9:15 p.m.

Michael Cole announced during the Sept. 17 episode of Raw that there will be an exclusive interview with Jerry "The King" Lawler on next Monday's Raw.

9/17/12, 3:55 p.m. Update

Jerry "The King" Lawler has been released from a Montreal medical facility and will be heading home in the next several days. We continue to wish Jerry all the best, and we look forward to him returning to WWE in the future.

I'm teetering on the precipice of insanity, too.

It's all being laid on so thick, and it's all so slick and (as much as heart attacks can be) convenient. And Michael Cole's shit eating grin seemed about as genuine as a four striped Adidas track suit.

• Paid Members

Nah. Lawler's mother died and she was immediately inserted into an angle to draw heat. King's ready to use a bad real-world situation to generate something of interest in the wrestling world too. He's had a heart attack and is now much better with an eye on the future, so he's going to be happy to make hay with misfortune's sunshine.

• Paid Members

No doubt that as long as Jerry recovers, it's convenient. However, wrestling at it's best has almost always been an exaggeration of real life. I've no doubt whatsoever that Vince will ride this thing to money-town no but I think there's about a 1% chance of it being a work. The last 12 years have taught us that:

a) WWE cannot film anything without going OTT on camera angles, close-ups, etc.

b) Michael Cole is not a very good actor.

Archived