2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

578459_10151024966312031_1472688342_n.jpg

Also Noam Dar or Jack Gallacher i feel is going to win this.

Where's the ghost of 1PW come anywhere into this, or even the most recent discussion at hand?

Also your feeling is going to be wrong. Very wrong. Noam is going to get in the top 10, hopefully top 5, but definitely not the top spot.

Thought Danny Rodd had a ghost account and was causing a bit of a moan in this thread so i thought people would have got the reference with the photo?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't care if it is judged on the level of entertainment or wrestling ability! If Dave Rayne has entertained more people or wrestled better than James Mason, Dean Allmark or Rampage Brown since the last poll, I will bare my arse on the Town Hall steps on a busy Saturday afternoon!

In the last 12 months I've seen 8 shows featuring Dave Rayne and 2 shows featuring Rampage Brown.

On every occasion Dave Rayne portrayed his heel character well and got the crowd wanting him to have his arsed kicked, which is what I imagine every person working heel should be hoping to accomplish.

The 2 occasions I've seen Rampage the guy was an half decent heel but very very generic, he got a few boo's from the crowds but no one was baying for blood.

So I can see why more people have voted higher for Rayne.

Coming from a PCW perspective, and seeing what he does else where, Dave Rayne, qualifies for the list, but that's just me like

- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling? Start at the Never Give Up Rumble, and work backwards or forwards should you desire.

- who is consistently involved in great matches? He has had a few, I dont follow Futureshock (Not FSW as the man himself would point out) but what I've seen of him, whilst not the greatest in ring is competent enough it's a long way from the Boom elbow, but there seems to be a reemergence

- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance? He does this and then some. Whether it be Promo's or comedy segments or the more serious stuff of latter times plus tweeting under the ring little nuances and his feud with Manson and Disco Madness was fantastic

- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match? We are all Dave Rayne! what more do you want, one of the most, if not thee most over wrestlers at PCW and is spreading elsewhere as the fans go where he does

- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances? See all of the above

So people dont like him and just see him on whatever shitarse list he was on. Times change and over the last 12 months or so he is deserving to be in a list should people think that. Clearly some preconceptions still exist and with a subjective list people are always going to favour one over another.

Not the end of the world is it?

• Paid Members
Clearly some preconceptions still exist and with a subjective list people are always going to favour one over another.

Not the end of the world is it?

If we have a tagline for next year's list, I vote this.

• Paid Members

I don't think anyone would ever accept this as a definitive "this is the official best wrestlers in the UK", it's supposed to be the combined thoughts of who the UKFF community have rated the most from what they have individually seen over the last 12 months.

That said, 'britishwrestlinglegends' didn't actually vote for anyone...

• Paid Members
That said, 'britishwrestlinglegends' didn't actually vote for anyone...

You have no one to blame but yourself britishwrestlingdivlegend. If you can't be arsed to vote you have fuck all right to complain.

I will save you the time and put up your reason for not voting now shall I.

Why should I vote you wankers dont know anything about wrestling anyway. I have a real life and dont have time for such nonsense

• Paid Members

It's stuff like britishwrestlinglegends' breakdown that makes the UKFF 50 list thread even more worthwhile every year. You always know some halfwit is going to completely miss the point and make a total penis of himself. What an idiot.

Dave Rayne is not the issue here. I only used him as an example because he was on the "Shit List" & for whatever reasons has now overtaken a wrestler that has been massively underrated IMHO.

The reason i never voted was because i looked into it very briefly, Thought it was a bit complicated so did not bother. I doubt it would have made much difference to the final rating as it would appear my opinion of what makes a great worker differs considerably from the majority of voters anyway?

Archived