2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

I'm just wondering how a guy only registered for 4 months with less than 20 posts suddenly springs out of the woodwork with detailed knowledge of events that occurred last year. It does genuinely beg the question of whether you are indeed a new poster who has been around the scene for quite some time yet only felt compelled to begin posting rather recently.

That sort of behaviour flagged keyboardwarrior, so while you are genuinely enthusiastic and passionate as I can tell from reading your posts, others may feel that due to the factors I highlighted above your posts may be tarred.

If you are indeed a new poster then it's great to see a new face around here with such enthusiasm for the British wrestling scene.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just wondering how a guy only registered for 4 months with less than 20 posts suddenly springs out of the woodwork with detailed knowledge of events that occurred last year. It does genuinely beg the question of whether you are indeed a new poster who has been around the scene for quite some time yet only felt compelled to begin posting rather recently.

That sort of behaviour flagged keyboardwarrior, so while you are genuinely enthusiastic and passionate as I can tell from reading your posts, others may feel that due to the factors I highlighted above your posts may be tarred.

If you are indeed a new poster then it's great to see a new face around here with such enthusiasm for the British wrestling scene.

Well I can assure you that I have indeed been watching UK wrestling for many many years (probably judging by your age longer than you have) and although not being compelled to have been a compulsive poster on this particular forum until recently am still capable of forming my own genuine opinions on matters and was under the impression that a forum such as this is the place to post them. It seems this particular forum has been 'ruled' by a few for some time and therefore maybe a lot of opinions go unoticed, but that does not make them invalid. I have never had another form of account within the UKFF nor have I ever felt the need to hide anything else. I do however as mentioned still feel that someone who is an avid poster upon this forum jumping down supposed 'newbies' throats for expressing vaild opinions upon individuals within the UK wrestling scene (wether they be wrestlers, promoters or 'other's) is not really the way to encourage other 'would be' new members to express their views. A 'forum' should be a place for discussion - and no matter what your opinion is, you are entitled to it.

What the sod are you banging on about?

• Paid Members
I've never seen Wild Boar wrestle, but whenever I see his picture I can't look past the similarity to the kid from Two and a Half Men.

I wasn't sure about him the first time I saw him but at the last Progress he had a really good match with Mark Andrews

Just to echo what many have already said, Robbie X has truly come leaps and bounds since his debut.

His match with Gresham for Southside last weekend almost stole the entire show and in no-way was a carry job from JG either. Since toning down the amount of times he takes to the air, he really understands now when and why he should be using high risk offence in a way that mirrors the learning curve and maturity that Pac showed in roughly the same amount of time. And, if he keeps improving at the rate he is, then he's about 12-24 months away from being scary good.

Wild Boar is a great talent, him and Andrews have great chemistry in the ring, the match at Progress was fantastic but believe it or not I have seen them have better matches than that together, both guys really need a chance to get out a bit more and need some of the bigger promotions to take an interest in them and give them a chance. Cyanide is another, would be great to see him getting a run somewhere outside the North West.

• Paid Members

Just to echo what many have already said, Robbie X has truly come leaps and bounds since his debut.

His match with Gresham for Southside last weekend almost stole the entire show and in no-way was a carry job from JG either. Since toning down the amount of times he takes to the air, he really understands now when and why he should be using high risk offence in a way that mirrors the learning curve and maturity that Pac showed in roughly the same amount of time. And, if he keeps improving at the rate he is, then he's about 12-24 months away from being scary good.

Spot on

I'm afraid I'm only on my phone so can't post the link but Robbie X v Marty Scurll is on YouTube , have a look as it certainly shows how far Robbie has come !

• Paid Members

Spot on

I'm afraid I'm only on my phone so can't post the link but Robbie X v Marty Scurll is on YouTube , have a look as it certainly shows how far Robbie has come !

It's already posted in Robbie's write-up above!

• Paid Members

Spot on

It's already posted in Robbie's write-up above!

Ah sorry buddy missed that

I know a few people who vote in this and none of them are really that friendly with the wrestlers, some of them know them a little but none of us base our votes on who we speak to outside of the ring. I think the list is great fun, and like previous posters said, it doesn't really get you a prize so why would you want to try and influence it? I imagine that if a truley terrible wrestler got all his mates to vote him to a unrealistically high spot, promoters and fans would see though it and wouldn't be fooled into thinking they were any good or worth a booking.

As for Danny Rodd, he has done so much harm to the British Wrestling scene and has upset an awful lot of people in the business and mistreated a lot of paying fans who seriously ended up out of pocket. A total disgrace as a person, you would think he would stay well clear of British wrestling shows and forums partly out of a sense of shame for how he behaved, embarrasement of how badly he failed or the fact that he doesn't want to take the abuse he has earned and deserves. If he is back on the scene I wish he would just crawl back under the rock he went and hid under when everyone was trying to get their Shawn Micahels refunds. UKFF, the British scene and wrestling in gernal is a better place without him.

Archived