2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on God's green earth can Dave Rayne go from being on the "Shit List" to being placed higher than Rampage Brown? No disrespect to the Ballswinger, But he has been rated too highly whatever number he comes out!As for Rampage, Come on! He is an awesome worker. One of, If not the best full time worker in the UK today. I challenge anyone out there to prove otherwise, I felt the WWE really missed a trick when he was let go.I know we all have different opinions, But if this is the best the conclusion the UKFF'ers can come up with then i think it is time to pack in the stupid way it rates the wrestlers because it simply is not even close to being remotely accurate! :angry:

How on God's green earth can Dave Rayne go from being on the "Shit List" to being placed higher than Rampage Brown? No disrespect to the Ballswinger, But he has been rated too highly whatever number he comes out!As for Rampage, Come on! He is an awesome worker. One of, If not the best full time worker in the UK today. I challenge anyone out there to prove otherwise, I felt the WWE really missed a trick when he was let go.I know we all have different opinions, But if this is the best the conclusion the UKFF'ers can come up with then i think it is time to pack in the stupid way it rates the wrestlers because it simply is not even close to being remotely accurate! :angry:

For fuck's sake. This has been said a fucking million times, but I'll repeat it, just for you. This is listed on who people have SEEN and enjoyed. During the eligible period, I've seen Dave Rayne probably ten-twelve times. I've seen Rampage Brown once. Rampage was decent, but it was just one bog standard match. Crisp, good wrestler, but nothing special. I've been able to enjoy Dave Rayne's new character and work ethic over the past year. Thus, had I entered this, Dave would have been near the top of my list, Rampage would have not featured on it.

For fuck's sake. This has been said a fucking million times, but I'll repeat it, just for you. This is listed on who people have SEEN and enjoyed. During the eligible period, I've seen Dave Rayne probably ten-twelve times. I've seen Rampage Brown once. Rampage was decent, but it was just one bog standard match. Crisp, good wrestler, but nothing special. I've been able to enjoy Dave Rayne's new character and work ethic over the past year. Thus, had I entered this, Dave would have been near the top of my list, Rampage would have not featured on it.
Actually "No" that is only part of the criteria:The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?- who is consistently involved in great matches?- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances? If you have seen Dave Rayne 10/12 times this year you have probably seen nearly all his matches! Rampage could have done that many in a week during the summer. You are VERY wrong, Simple as!

• Paid Members

Actually "No" that is only part of the criteria:The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:- whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?- who is consistently involved in great matches?- who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?- whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?- who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances? If you have seen Dave Rayne 10/12 times this year you have probably seen nearly all his matches! Rampage could have done that many in a week during the summer. You are VERY wrong, Simple as!

Think about it. If you've only seen someone perform once then you're not going to be in a position to judge them as well as someone that you've seen a dozen times.Alternatively, maybe people don't like your man Rampage as much as they like other wrestlers. Seeing as it's all personal opinion some may say that you are VERY wrong, simple as!Incidentally, if you don't like anything written in the list, call the police and send them round Benny's house. That worked well for Surf Graffiti.

• Paid Members

I think what people are clearly missing and if so really shouldn't be frequenting a forum right now is that the list is on who you enjoy. While there are clearly people who just prefer the technical side of wrestling over the storytelling and entertainment factor, there are people who quite clearly prefer that stuff and are going to vote for it. Obviously more than the previous group of people for Rayne to score higher.I wasn't a big fan last year of Rayne to the point I couldn't understand him nearly getting into the 50, but this year he deserves top 20 easily. But I do prefer him over Brown. Whether or not Brown is a fantastic wrestler (he is) he just isn't as good an entertainer as Rayne which would be something that sticks out to me more after a show.

Isn't this all down to who on this forum can be arsed to vote anymore and basically more than likely who they have seen more of and as said above enjoyed seeing, be it with telling a story or overall just wrestling wise. I've not seen Dave Rayne myself, however like said to me from seeing stuff of him online for say like PCW he seems interesting to me more than Rampage (who does look quite a quality wrestler) so yeah its personal opinions mixed with who you see

I don't care if it is judged on the level of entertainment or wrestling ability! If Dave Rayne has entertained more people or wrestled better than James Mason, Dean Allmark or Rampage Brown since the last poll, I will bare my arse on the Town Hall steps on a busy Saturday afternoon!Just for the record, This is not an Anti-Dave Rayne rant. More a Pro-Rampage/Common sense rant :angry:

Perhaps he hasn't. But the people Mason, Allmark or Rampage have entertained haven't voted. It's that simple. Don't take the list seriously, it's just a bit of fun in a small corner of the internet. I doubt Rampage, Mason or Allmark have taken this as a personal insult, and I doubt Rayne sees this as a serious mark of his ability.

I like that the ones that tend to "get around" and are seen by more people are usually higher up. It gives a certain amount of recognition to the wrestlers that do it from the fans that vote of something that must be a ball ache, all that travelling. Obviously if Johnny Shitcakes travels round he's still shit and won't be near the top, but if you've got two great wrestlers and one is above the other, the fact the one gets around more be the differing factor is no bad thing to me.

Perhaps he hasn't. But the people Mason, Allmark or Rampage have entertained haven't voted. It's that simple. Don't take the list seriously, it's just a bit of fun in a small corner of the internet. I doubt Rampage, Mason or Allmark have taken this as a personal insult, and I doubt Rayne sees this as a serious mark of his ability.

Well if none of the wrestlers take much notice & it is only deemed as a "Bit of fun" It seems to me that quite a few people have gone to a whole lot of effort for vey little reason? That is why i will take your advice & "Not take it seriously" Thanks. I will just treat it with the contempt it deserves :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I don't care if it is judged on the level of entertainment or wrestling ability! If Dave Rayne has entertained more people or wrestled better than James Mason, Dean Allmark or Rampage Brown since the last poll, I will bare my arse on the Town Hall steps on a busy Saturday afternoon!Just for the record, This is not an Anti-Dave Rayne rant. More a Pro-Rampage/Common sense rant :angry:

It's wrestling, in a way how can anything make common sense :rolleyes:

Well if none of the wrestlers take much notice & it is only deemed as a "Bit of fun" It seems to me that quite a few people have gone to a whole lot of effort for vey little reason? That is why i will take your advice & "Not take it seriously" Thanks. I will just treat it with the contempt it deserves :thumbsup:
Someone is clearly taking this very seriously still.

Archived