2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

If thats Cobystag's opinion of britishwrestlinglegend then he's entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours hbkforest! People shouldnt be criticised for criticising others, we don't all think the same, gosh that'd be horrible, wouldn't it!

For what it is worth, Nobody has caused me any offence (Least of all Cobystag). I however do seem to have rubbed a few people up the wrong way for suggesting that Rampage Brown is a far superior worker than most of the wrestlers that feature higher up on the list?

Here is a question! If Brown is placed correctly & there are 26 other wrestlers who fit the criteria for a higher position. Why is British Wrestling not in a more healthy state? As i do not believe that either the WWE or TNA have 26 workers on their roster that are most talented than "My Boy" Rampage.

Depends how you define "healthy", we sellout the Rose Club, PCW's attendance gets higher and higher, Futureshock just had a very successful event at the Royal College of Music and Infinite Pro just had their second show. I'd call that enough evidence to suggest things are in a very fit state, in the north west at least!

If that proves British Wrestling is "very fit state" then so is Susan Boyle! I really hoped someone else was gonna mention this rather than me, As i would rather not mention Dave Rayne any more. But two people voted him as their N0.1 wrestler in this poll!!! Seeing as Benny was happy enough to check if i had voted or not, Could he also check if Dave Rayne's Mam & Dad have expressed their opinions, Please? :laugh:

I consider myself a fan of British Wrestling & Do like & appreciate the hard work that people put into the UKFF. I say this because a lot of people i know within the business consider this forum a joke or at best a necessary evil to promote their product. This poll may well only be "A bit of fun", But am i the only one who thinks that this poll confirms their generalisation of this forum?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If that proves British Wrestling is "very fit state" then so is Susan Boyle! I really hoped someone else was gonna mention this rather than me, As i would rather not mention Dave Rayne any more. But two people voted him as their N0.1 wrestler in this poll!!! Seeing as Benny was happy enough to check if i had voted or not, Could he also check if Dave Rayne's Mam & Dad have expressed their opinions, Please? :laugh:

I consider myself a fan of British Wrestling & Do like & appreciate the hard work that people put into the UKFF. I say this because a lot of people i know within the business consider this forum a joke or at best a necessary evil to promote their product. This poll may well only be "A bit of fun", But am i the only one who thinks that this poll confirms their generalisation of this forum?

Here's an interesting fact: Most of what you said was absolutely bollocks.

You complain that two people voted Dave Rayne at No.1 and then say this poll is 'a bit of fun'. So why be bothered.

• Paid Members
But am i the only one who thinks that this poll confirms their generalisation of this forum?

You're certainly the only one to forget that this list is based on the views of

64 UKFFers
even less of whom actually contributed to the rankings.

• Paid Members
BWL, has Dave done something to you? You've certainly got an agenda with Mr Rayne.

Not at all. I hardly know the guy & wish him well. I am genuinely pleased that he has tasted a bit of success with his new persona. Just can't see him as N0.1 in any way, Shape or form. No hidden agenda.

But that's just a persons opinion. That doesn't make them wrong. In a way they are right to say Rayne is No.1 if they find him the most entertaining.

But am i the only one who thinks that this poll confirms their generalisation of this forum?

You're certainly the only one to forget that this list is based on the views of

64 UKFFers
even less of whom actually contributed to the rankings.

And even then some of us are only lurkers who have never got any news or anything to say but enjoy ploughing through the trashtalk.

In a parallel universe somewhere, all this endless Rampage/ Rayne thread heat is just Kayfabe and it's all going to end up with someone announcing they've commissioned a special fan forum shitarse showdown match.

I haven't been to Preston yet but this thread has at least finally convinced me to take the trek.

• Paid Members

I know a lot of people bitch and moan about the UKFF UK50. Whether its wrestlers or fans or promoters (because I've noticed a few on twitter, and its fucking laughable). I think it needs to be said that Benny spends so much time on this. He studies these wrestlers, he goes to shows, he writes articulate bios about them, and he does this every single year. Find me someone who cares enough about British wrestling to do that every year? If you are a fan, promoter or wrestler who is upset about a list a fan has complied, who spends money going to shows and is interested enough in the scene to educate none followers of British wrestling by writing up bios and compiling information so interesting even I read about it, then you really need to get your bonce sorted.

If it wasn't for the UKFF UK50, all this forum would be is me having a midlife crisis 25 years early by talking about old wrestlers, Tommy Boi getting justifiably bullied and former members of the PC*Cough* sending pictures of Omar to worse forums than this one. People should be sending him boxes for Milk Tray for actually giving some of these wrestlers any sort of press.

Hats off to Hat Guy. Or is that hats on?

• Paid Members

^^^^^ Thanks, Ian (and others). Always nice to know my efforts are appreciated. Most of the research for the write-ups isn't done over the course of the year from visiting shows, though, it's just done from the internet at the time I'm actually writing the bios up (which is why it takes so long to get the bloody thing written up...)! I try to add some personal opinion here and there on matches I do happen to have seen (mainly GPW, IPW:UK, XWA and PCW this year), but this year I've gone with the option of adding YouTube links to the write-ups so that people can see the wrestlers for themselves. I'm probably only keeping doing this out of habit now.

That said, it's supposed to be fun, and I hope people reading it (be they British wrestling fans, other UKFF members, or people involved in wrestling) treat it as such.

It was a bit disheartening to see only 60ish people take part this year (it's been up at about 120 for the past 3-4 years), but I still think that is 60 of the best placed people to actually have a go at such a project and make the results at least interesting. UKFF is, after all, typically going to be more of the types of people who do see various wrestlers on various shows from various promotions (thus having a basis of comparison) than those who maybe see a show in their local hall once a year. People will debate the effectiveness of this project, and have done since it started 8 years ago, but I don't think any other group or community of wrestling fans could do this to the same degree as we do.

The point about exposure (in that those wrestlers that wrestle in more parts of the country tend to be higher than those that only wrestle in one place) is a valid one - though it should be said that a wrestler has to be good in the first place for different promotions to go to the trouble of bringing them in. There are exceptions, but those that tend to be booked around the country in more places are getting booked because they are the best. A promotion in Kent isn't going to go to the effort of bringing Johnny Shitarse down from Yorkshire and, even if they did, it would only result in more people thinking he was crap.

Oh, and 'britishwrestlinglegends, I know who the two people who voted Dave Rayne their individual #1 are. Neither are Dave's family, but both are those who predominantly get to see FutureShock Wrestling. On that basis, I can justifiably see why, in their opinion, they could consider Rayne, the top heel in that promotion for a couple of years, to be at the very top.

^^^^^ Thanks, Ian (and others). Always nice to know my efforts are appreciated. Most of the research for the write-ups isn't done over the course of the year from visiting shows, though, it's just done from the internet at the time I'm actually writing the bios up (which is why it takes so long to get the bloody thing written up...)! I try to add some personal opinion here and there on matches I do happen to have seen (mainly GPW, IPW:UK, XWA and PCW this year), but this year I've gone with the option of adding YouTube links to the write-ups so that people can see the wrestlers for themselves. I'm probably only keeping doing this out of habit now.

That said, it's supposed to be fun, and I hope people reading it (be they British wrestling fans, other UKFF members, or people involved in wrestling) treat it as such.

It was a bit disheartening to see only 60ish people take part this year (it's been up at about 120 for the past 3-4 years), but I still think that is 60 of the best placed people to actually have a go at such a project and make the results at least interesting. UKFF is, after all, typically going to be more of the types of people who do see various wrestlers on various shows from various promotions (thus having a basis of comparison) than those who maybe see a show in their local hall once a year. People will debate the effectiveness of this project, and have done since it started 8 years ago, but I don't think any other group or community of wrestling fans could do this to the same degree as we do.

The point about exposure (in that those wrestlers that wrestle in more parts of the country tend to be higher than those that only wrestle in one place) is a valid one - though it should be said that a wrestler has to be good in the first place for different promotions to go to the trouble of bringing them in. There are exceptions, but those that tend to be booked around the country in more places are getting booked because they are the best. A promotion in Kent isn't going to go to the effort of bringing Johnny Shitarse down from Yorkshire and, even if they did, it would only result in more people thinking he was crap.

Oh, and 'britishwrestlinglegends, I know who the two people who voted Dave Rayne their individual #1 are. Neither are Dave's family, but both are those who predominantly get to see FutureShock Wrestling. On that basis, I can justifiably see why, in their opinion, they could consider Rayne, the top heel in that promotion for a couple of years, to be at the very top.

I was going to reply along the lines of "All your hard work would be more credible if you mainly had the opinions of those within the industry, Then by coincidence i got this text shortly after.

"Feel free to post this on my behalf. The issue is that the it is named the "UK top 50", When it should be the "UKFF's favourite 50" because that's all it is. Your guys favourite 50 workers. As a worker i appreciate the time Benny puts into it. It's nice to know what we do is appreciated, But this is not a top 50 by any means. It's your favourite 50.

As far as saying "it's someones opinion", Hiltler's opinion was that Jews should be killed, Does'nt make in correct though. The other issue that comes with this is half witted promoters who will book their talent souly based off this. There's certain guys who have had the likes of Rob Brookside, Rampage Brown & James Mason each turn & say they are good workers. Yet there's people on here who the same three have said are fucking rotten.

A top 50 should be pieced together by the ones with the most knowledge of the job. The actual wrestlers & promoters who are credible. This is a list of your favourite wrestlers. Anyone who believes their place in this is a div, As James Mason would run rings around all of us!"

Nathan Cruz.

Also i have apologised to Dave Rayne for using him as an example. I should have just bigged up Rampage & left Dave alone. As i have no axe to grind with him & he has done very well to turn the perception of him around.

I was going to reply along the lines of "All your hard work would be more credible if you mainly had the opinions of those within the industry, Then by coincidence i got this text shortly after.

The issue is that the it is named the "UK top 50"

No it isn't

And the opinion that it should be done by people within the industry says a lot. Surely a fan's opinion (any fan not just on here) is the most important, it would be to me if I were a wrestler.

Archived