2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

I see Cobystag is still throwing his weight around and telling people that their opinions are wrong!! Look cobystag, an opinion, is like an asshole, everyone has one and whether you happen to agree with someone's or not, they are entitled to it!!

Oh, you.

Please re-read my recent posts and you'll see there's nothing in there where I told Britishwrestlinglegends or Dunny that their opinion was wrong, I merely offered my own.

Now I will admit at first I thought you to be a veiled plant. However I was willing to concede that you may have just been an incredibly over-enthusiastic lover of BritWres and that's great, we need more of them. So I felt it wasn't worth continuing.

Now I don't know why you felt the need to take a pot shot, especially considering I stand innocent of what you accused. You said you enjoyed reading my posts so I won't swipe back at you. Just please ensure you have your facts straight next time.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, now that we've established that everyone has the right to have an asshole, I'll get on with the countdown...

No. 24: Joseph Conners

Score: 118 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2012 votes: 0

Percentage of 2012 ballots including Joseph Conners: 24.6%

(2011=37th, 2010=50th, 2009=NL, 2008=NL, 2007=NL, 2006=NL, 2005=NL)

connersv.jpg

The third consecutive UKFF UK50 appearance for Joseph Conners brings his highest ranking to date, beating last year's finish by 13 places. This year, Nottingham's dastardly 'Special Edition' has mainly seen action as half of 'The Predators' with fellow Stixx product Paul Malen, fighting all over England.

As well as being a regular part of the shows run by his 'home' promotion House of Pain, Conners and Malen have become a full-time part of Southside Wrestling Entertainment. There, The Predators found themselves programmed with Robbie X, who brought in partners El Ligero, Shane Spyral and LJ Heron for various separate encounters. Conners and Malen would come out victorious each time, then at 'Risky Business' in April 2012, beat him in a handicap match for good measure. In amongst all this, this also gained a victory over The Myatt Legacy (father-and-son team Keith and Ryan), but haven't been as successful since, however, falling to a Douglas Williams/Mad Man Manson combination in May and

In New Generation Wrestling, The Predators beat Project Ego last September to advance to the final of the promotion's Tag Team Championship tournament. That took place 3 months later at 'Eternal Glory III', where Conners and Malen were bested by Los Amigos (the pairing of El Ligero and Dara Diablo) for the vacant belts. The year also saw The Predators challenge for the now-defunct Dynamic Pro Wrestling titles, only to be seen off by odd-couple championship pairing Martin Kirby and Mad Man Manson in Ossett, West Yorkshire.

In singles action, Conners

in November and saw SWE defeats to T-Bone and
. Other promotions amongst the alphabet soup to have featured Conners this year, as both a singles performer and in The Predators, include ASW, PPW, XCWA, LCW, MCW, TAW and TIW.

What did the UKFF think?

"Another good year for the voice of The Predators. Keeps the heat going whether on the mike or in the ring"

"Has become a fantastic heel over the last few years. Combining solid work with a genuine dislikeable quality about him. His physique continues to grow too, now built very solidly and looks like a wrestler should"

"Much like Paul Malen, got a great partner for the dynamic tag team of

If thats Cobystag's opinion of britishwrestlinglegend then he's entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours hbkforest! People shouldnt be criticised for criticising others, we don't all think the same, gosh that'd be horrible, wouldn't it!

For what it is worth, Nobody has caused me any offence (Least of all Cobystag). I however do seem to have rubbed a few people up the wrong way for suggesting that Rampage Brown is a far superior worker than most of the wrestlers that feature higher up on the list?

Here is a question! If Brown is placed correctly & there are 26 other wrestlers who fit the criteria for a higher position. Why is British Wrestling not in a more healthy state? As i do not believe that either the WWE or TNA have 26 workers on their roster that are most talented than "My Boy" Rampage.

• Paid Members

Literally nobody has said that anyone else on the list is objectively, indisputably "better" than Rampage. Almost everyone who's argued with you has pointed out that THIS IS A LIST THAT WE DO EVERY YEAR FOR FUN AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY INTENDED TO SIGNIFY OBJECTIVE QUALITY. It's a list of people's favourites.

Also: even if this were an entirely correct ranking of objective quality, good wrestlers don't make a good scene. You need good promoters for that, too.

Also: British Wrestling is not one unified thing. It's a load of promotions, some of whom collaborate and some of whom compete. Some of them are in a healthy state, some aren't.

Look, Rampage Brown is good. I've only seen him do mid-card All Star matches, which obviously means I haven't seen the full spectrum of his ability, but he's solid. Good wrestler. But really, you need to give this up. Rampage is 27th in the 2012 UKFF UK50, and all that means is that he's 27th in the UKFF UK50. It doesn't mean that there are a bunch of people who've calculatedly rated other wrestlers above him. Nobody's slating him. It's just a list we make for fun. That's all. Leave it.

• Paid Members

Well, 'britishwrestlinglegends' will love this one...

No. 23: DAVE RAYNE

Score: 119 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2012 votes: 2

Percentage of 2012 ballots including DAVE RAYNE: 22.8%

(2011=NL, 2010=NL, 2009=NL, 2008=NL, 2007=NL, 2006=NL, 2005=NL)

rayner.jpg

Manchester-based Dave Rayne began the 2012 UKFF UK50 eligibility season as the rayne-ing FutureShock Wrestling champion, following his shock return, heel turn and victory over Raynaldo in February 2011. Since then, he has been enjoying the best run of his career, culminating 18 months later in this, his first ever appearance in the UKFF UK50 (if you don't count his 13th place in the 2010 SHIT LIST, that is).

In FSW, sorry, FutureShock, Dave managed to retain the belt in defences against Sam Bailey, Johnny Phere, Colt Cabana and Damon Leigh. At the year-ending FS#55 last November, Rayne had taken out 2011 FSW Trophy holder and number one contender Jack Gallagher and gave himself an easy defence against rookie Josh Bodom. Gallagher returned for his scheduled bout, however, and

. 2012 has seen Rayne feud with Zack Gibson, with the pair colliding in various tags, 8-man tags, Gauntlets and other angles before finally settling their issue in the big Steel Cage grudge match at FS#61, the 'International Supershow' at Manchester's Royal Northern College of Music last month.

Rayne popped up on the heel side of big multi-man elimination bouts for GPW in November and May, and defended the XWA British Heavyweight Title on behalf of absent champion Alex Shane at XWA 'Last Fight at the Prom 2011', managing to lose 'The Showstealer's' belt for him in the main event against Johnny Phere. Subsequent XWA appearances have included the annual 15-man 'Goldrush' rumble in February, then a 6-way elimination bout in May (with Nathan Cruz, El Ligero, Rockstar Spud, Jynkz and winner Joey Hayes).

He has possibly become most known, however, for some of his shenanigans in Preston City Wrestling. Having appeared on the early Preston shows that were held under the NBW Southside banner, Rayne beat Mad Man Manson on the first official PCW event in August 2011, with the pair going on to be perennial opponents and antagonists in the promotion. He beat Scotland's

, but then set himself the quest of taking down Manson and his buddy Sam Bailey after the fun loving pair had ruined his birthday celebrations. This saw him bring in
, Terry Frazier and the bizarre cross-dressing Mikey Whiplash as partners, but each time Dave would be humiliated in defeat to 'Disco Madness'.

On the April 'Never Give Up' show, Rayne somewhat repeated his antics from the XWA Goldrush by spending much of the 30-man rumble hiding underneath the ring (even 'tweeting' while doing so). It was a tactic that worked, as Rayne ended up winning the whole thing and earning a PCW Heavyweight Title shot against T-Bone. Problem was, that shot came there and then, and Dave was smashed. In June, Rayne and Whiplash were supposed to rematch with Disco Madness in an all-male tag team Bra and Panties match.

even documented Dave going shopping for suitable attire. On the day, however, Manson was not there, and had his place taken by a reluctant heel Bubblegum, promised a Heavyweight Title shot if his team won. They didn't, as Rayne earned a rare victory. On the last show, taking place after the end of the eligibility period, Rayne failed to make the weight limit for the 6-man Cruiserweight Scramble, so his place was taken by touring American Steven Walters. Rayne returned to protest the injustice during the interval, only to be humiliated and seen off again by ROH's Davey Richards. #BOOM indeed.

And guess what? That's right, Dave Rayne even has Shit on the Market:

daverayneshirtred.jpg

hellodave.jpg

boomq.jpg

What did the UKFF think?

"The list should be called the Dave Rayne 50 considering everyone is Dave Rayne"

"A bit of a surprise for me. I'd never thought much of Dave Rayne in previous years, but he's really come into his own in the last 12 months. Cracking in the bits of Futureshock that I've seen and he steals the show at PCW. How can one man's name be so over? We are all Dave Rayne"

"Not the greatest in the ring, but this list isnt all about work rate. Promo skills that are fantastic, some great heel performances and come backs and a 1 to winner royal rumble performance amongst other things. Plus with him in the list, he is bound to win as everyone is Dave Rayne!"

"Been a constant highlight of preston city shows and his performance in the preston rumble at never give up was amazing"

"Truly a man you can hate, no redeeming qualities at all, his FutureShock Championship run had the fans begging for someone to beat him. Hugely talented on the mike often underrated in that regard. His work in PCW was completely different to that in FutureShock a comedy role that he made his own will strong mike skills, spawning his own chant and t-shirt"

"Funniest heel ever just makes me laugh watching him (in a good way of course)"

"Just love everything he does"

"Lets be honest i dont like dave rayne very much in fact ive slated him over the years but i have to admit his heel stuff is fucking good" (Hmmm, I wonder who this one could have been...? :rolleyes: )

"having seen possibly every match he has wrestled in in the voting period I can honestly say I have enjoyed them all. Very good comedy heel. Adored by pcw fans....god they were all wearing masks of him. Can put him in with a trainee and he will make them seem like stars (josh bodum match at futureshock). Whilst some may only see the comedy side, wearing dresses, tweeting under the ring, the guy can actually wrestle. His Sunset backcracker is also possibly one of my favourite moves"

"fantastic all rounder, whether it's playing the straight man alongside Manson and Whiplash, or the top heel in Futureshock, he's at home in all situations"

"good wrestler, fun to watch and superb charisma"

"Brilliant as a bad guy, his FutureShock title run had the fans screaming for him to lose"

Also:

daverayne.jpg

I actually think this is one of the greatest pics in wrestling from the past 12 months! I was at this show and the crowd was so hot for Rayne. I'm another of the people who wouldn't have Rayne in my top 15 (and didn't) but I can see he has great value and he is really over at PCW so it is nice to see him in the 50 this year. Jospeh Conners massive jump up from last year is also testament to his hard work and the way he has performed this year, saw a wonderful match of his at a Southside show where he got a rare singles outing with Manson which was hugely entertaining.

If thats Cobystag's opinion of britishwrestlinglegend then he's entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours hbkforest! People shouldnt be criticised for criticising others, we don't all think the same, gosh that'd be horrible, wouldn't it!

For what it is worth, Nobody has caused me any offence (Least of all Cobystag). I however do seem to have rubbed a few people up the wrong way for suggesting that Rampage Brown is a far superior worker than most of the wrestlers that feature higher up on the list?

Here is a question! If Brown is placed correctly & there are 26 other wrestlers who fit the criteria for a higher position. Why is British Wrestling not in a more healthy state? As i do not believe that either the WWE or TNA have 26 workers on their roster that are most talented than "My Boy" Rampage.

Depends how you define "healthy", we sellout the Rose Club, PCW's attendance gets higher and higher, Futureshock just had a very successful event at the Royal College of Music and Infinite Pro just had their second show. I'd call that enough evidence to suggest things are in a very fit state, in the north west at least!

• Paid Members
Well, now that we've established that everyone has the right to have an asshole, I'll get on with the countdown...

connersv.jpg

The third consecutive UKFF UK50 appearance for Joseph Conners brings his highest ranking to date, beating last year's finish by 13 places. This year, Nottingham's dastardly 'Special Edition' has mainly seen action as half of 'The Predators' with fellow Stixx product Paul Malen, fighting all over England.

As well as being a regular part of the shows run by his 'home' promotion House of Pain, Conners and Malen have become a full-time part of Southside Wrestling Entertainment. There, The Predators found themselves programmed with Robbie X, who brought in partners El Ligero, Shane Spyral and LJ Heron for various separate encounters. Conners and Malen would come out victorious each time, then at 'Risky Business' in April 2012, beat him in a handicap match for good measure. In amongst all this, this also gained a victory over The Myatt Legacy (father-and-son team Keith and Ryan), but haven't been as successful since, however, falling to a Douglas Williams/Mad Man Manson combination in May and

In New Generation Wrestling, The Predators beat Project Ego last September to advance to the final of the promotion's Tag Team Championship tournament. That took place 3 months later at 'Eternal Glory III', where Conners and Malen were bested by Los Amigos (the pairing of El Ligero and Dara Diablo) for the vacant belts. The year also saw The Predators challenge for the now-defunct Dynamic Pro Wrestling titles, only to be seen off by odd-couple championship pairing Martin Kirby and Mad Man Manson in Ossett, West Yorkshire.

. Other promotions amongst the alphabet soup to have featured Conners this year, as both a singles performer and in The Predators, include ASW, PPW, XCWA, LCW, MCW, TAW and TIW.

What did the UKFF think?

"Another good year for the voice of The Predators. Keeps the heat going whether on the mike or in the ring"

"Has become a fantastic heel over the last few years. Combining solid work with a genuine dislikeable quality about him. His physique continues to grow too, now built very solidly and looks like a wrestler should"

• Paid Members
Massively off topic and I really hate to quote the massive pic but I like the shirt, where can I get one?

I'm told Dave had it custom-made, from itailor.com.

:thumbsup:

That's amazing, why am I only discovering this site now.

For me this justifies Dave Rayne's place, Sorry Britishwrestlinglegend but has Rampage Brown helped me buy a cool shirt? I don't fucking think so.

connersv.jpg

What did the UKFF think?

Archived