2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

It's stuff like britishwrestlinglegends' breakdown that makes the UKFF 50 list thread even more worthwhile every year. You always know some halfwit is going to completely miss the point and make a total penis of himself. What an idiot.

At what point did any of this happen? Why am i an idiot? I don't know you, So have no opinion on you as a person. Do you know me?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought it was a bit complicated so did not bother

Complicated?

In Stage One you list up to 15 of what you feel are the very best England had to offer for that voting period.

In Stage Three you'd rank up to 15 of the 50 who got the most votes in Stage One. With any luck your votes in Stage One would have helped those up to 15 wrestlers achieve a place in the 50.

Then on a points based system from your 15 in Stage Three, the 50 get counted down from least points/placements to most points/placements.

It's not rocket science is it?

Over 10 people in the 50 are regulars in NGW which I believe is your local and preferred promotions so it's not like your opinion of what makes a great wrestler isn't that far removed then eh?

Yes he was on the shitlist.. But then he worked on a gimmick that suited him and improved his all round game to the point where people have been impressed enough to vote for him.

Surely that should be applauded rather than denigrated for whatever reason?

And how was the voting process complicated?

You basically just had to pick up to 15 wrestlers youve seen over the past 12 months and rank them from 1-15... Even tommyboi could figure that out.

• Paid Members
It's stuff like britishwrestlinglegends' breakdown that makes the UKFF 50 list thread even more worthwhile every year. You always know some halfwit is going to completely miss the point and make a total penis of himself. What an idiot.

At what point did any of this happen?

When you first posted in this thread. And even after it's been pointed out to you numerous times of how the voting process works, you continue to reply and insinuate that it's wrong that other people's opinions of your mate are not as high as yours.

• Paid Members

At what point did any of this happen? Why am i an idiot? I don't know you, So have no opinion on you as a person. Do you know me?

It happened when you posted, which also ties in with the part about you being an idiot. Don't try and 'U DUN KNOW ME!' your way out of it, you've been a complete willy for quite some time on here, and your behaviour in this thread is the nail in your willy-shaped coffin.

It happened when you posted, which also ties in with the part about you being an idiot. Don't try and 'U DUN KNOW ME!' your way out of it, you've been a complete willy for quite some time on here, and your behaviour in this thread is the nail in your willy-shaped coffin.

As you wish.....As you wish.

Speaking as someone who has held something similar to this (admitedly on a much smaller scale), you always get this sort of thing, someone who always spouts about how wrong the result is because their mate/favourite didn't rank higher. Its funny how petty some people are. (I have never seen either Rayne or Rampage so I couldn't comment)

Rayne isn't the type of guy who is going to have a top class match, but when playing the comedy character he is a good character.

Like previous posters have said in his local promotions he has gained a really strong following, I'm not 100% sure where it came from as it seemed he got over before he started doing so much comedy. But his antics in the PCW rumble and evening gown matches and generally daft tag team with Whiplash have made him go up a lot in my estimation, and I can see why so many people enjoy his work now. I just hope that promoters keep letting him play to his strengths and stick with the comedy stuff rather than try and force him into being a serious heel that just doesn't really suit him the same.

I didn't have Rayne in my original 15 but I can understand why others would. He's moving more and more into a Spud or Manson like role and both of those guys never have much problem picking up votes in this count down, so wouldn't shock me to see Rayne quite high.

• Paid Members

Halfway through. YAY.

No. 26: Mark Andrews

Score: 103 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2012 votes: 0

Percentage of 2012 ballots including Mark Andrews: 21.1%

(2011=26, 2010=NL, 2009=NL, 2008=NL, 2007=NL, 2006=NL, 2005=NL)

mandrews.jpg

Photo credit - Tony Knox

Welshman Mark Andrews comes through the Stage Two eliminator to earn his second ever UKFF UK50 ranking.... and finishes in the exact same spot he did last year. Over the last 12 months, 'Mandrews' (huh huh huh, it sounds like Man Juice...) has been a fixture across Wales, the West Midlands and Gloucestershire, but has also broken out and appeared in London... Scotland... Poland... Italy... and the USA...

Known as 'White Lightning', Andrews is one of the lead stars of ATTACK! Wrestling, where he has enjoyed somewhat of a rivalry with Pete and Damian Dunne. Indeed, Andrews faced the Dunnes individually (including a

) and in tag team attractions with partners including Mike Bird and Zack Sabre Jr. Other bouts across the Midlands have included an AWW bout with Brandon Thomas, an AMP tag match (with Flash Morgan) against The Hunter Brothers and, just after the end of this year's eligibility period, a sweet match with American Chikara and CZW star Jonathan Gresham for Triple-X Wrestling.

Up in Scotland, the former Lightning Kid returned to PBW for a September 2011 singles clash with rising star Andy Wild, then was invited back the following month to take part in the annual 6-way 'King of Cruisers' bout at the promotion's biggest event of the year, 'Maximum Impact'. There, Mandrews, Sabre Jr, Liam Thomson, Joey Hayes and El Ligero were bested by SPWA graduate Stevie Xavier. The next night, Mark made his debut for Glasgow's nightclub-based Insane Championship Wrestling, teaming with Johnny Starr in a duff 4-way tag bout which featured on an early episode of ICW's short-lived TV show. He would be back up for ICW this past May, facing Scottish veteran Falcon at 'Up In Smoke!'.

Getting good use out of his passport, Andrews flew to America in August 2011 to feature in Chikara's annual 'Young Lions Cup'. Appearing in the promotion's regular venue of Easton, PA, he was beaten by Osaka Pro wrestler Tadasuke in a first round 4-way (also featuring Irishman Sean South and Young Bucks member Nick Jackson). Keeping up the jet setting, Andrews faced The Lion Kid in a Ladder match for Italy's NWE in Turin, then took part in a nearly all-British battle royal later that night as the main event. That one was won by LeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRooooooooooooooooyyyyy Kincaide. Then, in March 2012, it was a

, along with fellow Midlands-based Brits Pete Dunne and Ryan 'Tucker' Smile.

At 'BritWresFest 2012' this past April in Elephant & castle, London, Mark unseated Xander Cooper for the BWC Scarlo Championship in a 4-way Ladder match that also included Wild Boar and Sam Bailey. In June, he was back in London again, this time for THIS IS PROGRESS Wrestling, where he again tussled with long-time rival Boar, this time in a singles match (starts at 08:48). Andrews was attacked after that bout by Cooper, with the brawl continuing at the merchandise stands during the interval, setting up a programme for future THIS IS PROGRESS events.

What did the UKFF think?

"Good flyer who exudes possitivity"

"I had to give up drinking White Lightning personally, so I have to get intoxicated vicariously these days"

"underrrated highflier, can do it all"

"Graet high flyer and crowd pleaser"

"Whilst he may look like a 14 year old Milky Bar Kid, Mark Andrews has some of the best flying moves you will see anywhere in the UK. His matches can be a bit of a spot fest at time, but I feel every show needs a Mark Andrews character"

"Insanely gifted aerial artist with a great image and appeal to kids, always guaranteed a big reaction. Charismatic, handsome and very talented but may struggle to stand out in the US indies or elsewhere"

"He's had a good year, top UK highflyer"

"Top quality match with Wildboar at Progress and solid performances wherever he is booked!"

• Paid Members

No. 25: Johnny Moss

Score: 108 points

Percentage of 2012 ballots including Johnny Moss: 26.3%

(2011=10th, 2010=7th, 2009=7th, 2008=12th, 2007=32nd, 2006=25th, 2005=NL)

mossr.jpg

Photo credit - Tim Young

Appearing in his 7th of the 8 UKFF UK50s we have run, Cumbria's Johnny Moss slips 15 places in the rankings to his lowest finish since 2007, but still managed to make it into over a quarter of the voting UKFF communities individual Top 15s. Living so close to the border, the Hammerlock-trained 'Vigilante' has continued to be an attraction for PBW, ICW, BCW and PWE in Scotland, but has also appeared for Preston City Wrestling in Lancashire and

, as well as promotions in Germany, Belgium
and The Netherlands.

Mossy fell to Heavyweight Champion BT Gunn in the 2-out-of-3-falls main event of 'PBW Maximum Impact 2011' last October, but rebounded the very next night by defeating Bad Bones in a battle of hard-hitting heavyweights at ICW 'Fear & Loathing 4'. Subsequent ICW bouts have included a loss to Red Lightning, then wins over OffCom member TJ Rage and fellow Hammerlock graduate Jimmy Havoc. Attempts to gain championship gold have fallen short, however, since in addition to the PBW loss to Gunn, Moss was beaten by BCW Openweight Champion Andy Wild, he and Mikey Whiplash lost to PBW Tag Team Champions Lionheart & Wolfgang at 'Breaking Limits 7', and he and Kid Fite were knocked out of the ICW Tag Team Title tournament by Stevie (Xavier) Boy and Davey (Blaze) Boy - The Bucky Boys

Moss has, however, continued to be a top star for Germany's wXw, where most of this season has been spent feuding with fellow Hammerlock product and career rival/partner 'Bad Boy' Jon Ryan. The pair fought to a 'no contest' at 'True Colors 2011' in December, with the same decision ebing rendered for their streetfight rematch at 'Payback 5' the following April. Before that one, however, Moss had put in an impressive showing in the 3-day '16 Carat Gold 2012' tournament, beating noted stars Doug Williams and Dave 'Fit' Finlay over the first 2 nights to reach the semi-finals, where he was eliminated by El Generico. Moss and Ryan furthered their issue somewhat in May at 'Dead End XII', where Jon beat Johnny in a Steel Cage bout

. The foes would then be reacquainted the following month back in Kent, England, where Moss gained revenge by beating Ryan at the '2nd Annual Andre Baker Memorial Show' to retain the Andre Baker Trophy.

Staying in England, Moss challenged for T-Bone's PCW Heavyweight Title at 'Blood, Sweat and Beers' in February, only for the 'King of the Caravans' to retain in a 3-way that also starred Mark Haskins.

What did the UKFF think?

"absolute machine"

"pound for pound my favourite european wrestler"

"The complete package and befuddles me why TNA have not picked this guy up?"

"I don't understand why this man does not have a job with a major company. A true travesty. A real mans wrestler that you believe could tear someone's limbs of in second"

"Looks like a tank and has this really big intensity"

"A god amongst wrestlers, intense, powerful and unstoppable"

"He's been Mr. Open Challenge in ICW and it's always a joy watching him lob some poor suckers about"

• Paid Members

"pound for pound my favourite european wrestler"

:confused: Somebody was clearly lying when they said this/voted?

Anyway, Johnny Moss is fucking ace. One of the best in this country, if not the best. Leagues ahead.

I see Cobystag is still throwing his weight around and telling people that their opinions are wrong!! Look cobystag, an opinion, is like an asshole, everyone has one and whether you happen to agree with someone's or not, they are entitled to it!!

Now onto the rest, I am not the biggest fan of Dave Rayne's in ring work but his character work is fantastic and he is over with people becuase he has worked dam hard on it so he deserves his spot. Rampage Brown is a fantastic talent but as the list also confirms he is perhaps not in the same league YET as Mastiff, Stixx or Moss who all chart higher than he has. Brown suffers with the microphone in his hand in my opinion and doesn't ever seem to bring the intensity he shows in his matches to the table when he has the mic in hand and therefore his personality doesn't get over in the same way as Dave Rayne's does and he may not be as entertaining to some people. Rampage was in my top 15 but Rayne wasn't. If Rampage worked on his mic skills or got himself a manager or valet that could do his talking for him then he has the rest of the intensity to get himself into the top 10 easily next year.

Personally I am loving the list so far, glad to see Mark Andrews making his mark and hope that there are some promoters around the country who see fit to bring him in and give him a good run somewhere.

Archived