2012 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

I like that the ones that tend to "get around" and are seen by more people are usually higher up. It gives a certain amount of recognition to the wrestlers that do it from the fans that vote of something that must be a ball ache, all that travelling. Obviously if Johnny Shitcakes travels round he's still shit and won't be near the top, but if you've got two great wrestlers and one is above the other, the fact the one gets around more be the differing factor is no bad thing to me.

I think the point is that Rampage is in the top 5 of those that tend to 'get around' and seen by different people in the country. Just the difference is those people don't vote on the UKFF Top 50.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I've only seen Rampage work full time with All Star, NGW & UKW with occasional appearances with SWE and the one-off at PCW. ASW and UKW don't appear to have any online following for the most part. Dave Rayne is not only heavily involved in a lot of the promotions in the North West such as PCW, FSW, XWA, GPW, etc, but he also has amassed somewhat of a cult following which I will never quite understand in PCW so he does tick a lot of the criteria for why people would vote for him.Personally Rampage wasn't in my 15 but if I would have been allowed to vote for 25, he would have been somewhere in that list whereas Rayne wouldn't be in mine. But I do think Rampage position in this years list is about right. I do hope Rayne doesn't make it into the top 20 however.

But I do think Rampage position in this years list is about right.

I obviously (as the promoter of the company who gave him the belt within 6 months of debuting) disagree. But I can see why he's where he is on THIS list, completely.I personally really enjoy the Top 50 for what it is and really appreciate Benny's hard work.. It's great fun and creates interesting discussion on something I love; that being British wrestling. I often disagree with it but it's an opinion poll of a certain type of fan and for that, I think it's great.

Perhaps he hasn't. But the people Mason, Allmark or Rampage have entertained haven't voted. It's that simple. Don't take the list seriously, it's just a bit of fun in a small corner of the internet. I doubt Rampage, Mason or Allmark have taken this as a personal insult, and I doubt Rayne sees this as a serious mark of his ability.

Well if none of the wrestlers take much notice & it is only deemed as a "Bit of fun" It seems to me that quite a few people have gone to a whole lot of effort for vey little reason? That is why i will take your advice & "Not take it seriously" Thanks. I will just treat it with the contempt it deserves :thumbsup:

Or maybe someone should book Dave Rayne and Rampage Brown on the same show. That'd be a good way to compare the two, that way more people are likely to see both.

• Paid Members
I will just treat it with the contempt it deserves :thumbsup:

Jesus christ, dude, it's not a definitive list of who's good and who isn't that everyone in the world pays attention to. It's just the opinions of some people on a forum. It's just a fun thing we do. If you think it deserves contempt, you're taking it far too seriously and putting way too much stock in it. Neither Ben nor anybody who's voted thinks this is a foolproof way to determine the indisputable best 50 wrestlers in the country in the correct order.

Can we put a disclaimer under the forum logo or something? Or a tickbox in the signup form saying "I accept that this forum has no influence whatsoever over the British wrestling scene and agree to not emotionally invest in some half-baked idea that it does"? Because even if this happens once a year, it's happening once a year too much. It's tiresome.

• Paid Members
No. 27: Rampage Brown

"Another heavyweight but some great moments since his return to the UK scene on a FT basis"

That seems odd that someone would seemingly deem being a heavyweight as a black mark of sorts.

Well Rob, this is almost the Top 50 UK Crusierweight list after all.

• Paid Members

My personnal opinion is that Rampage is one of the top wrestling talents in the country but I don't believe there would have been a huge amount of people on here to have seen him.

With regards to Dave Rayne is that this business is about being over , gaining a following ! Dave has achieved this. Many people will question my next statement but I think Fludder's booking of Dave Rayne has probably been his best booking so far and to elevate somebody is a real achievement .

I know as a promoter there is nothing better than making something really work when others would doubt it , I myself am very proud of how people's opinion of Robbie X has changed.

• Paid Members

We have the same argument every year with the same divs, why should this year be different.

Every year some div gets his kickpads in a twist because other people disagree with his view on how wrestlers in a pretend sport rank against each other in a list that only 100 people maximum really care about. Then you get the big "I AS WATCHED WRESTLIN FOR 50 YEARS AND MY OPINION IS RIGHT AND YOURS IS WRONG" speech, and then we usually get some sort of huffing and puffing follow up posts like the big bad wolf having an asthma attack. Well done britishwrestlingdivends you have fulfilled this vital role this year.

The only good thing about this whole yearly lunacy is that it gives us something to do between Ben's write ups, which take a great deal of his time and are entertaining to read. Because thats what it is britishwrestlingdivlegends entertainment, not in any way a definitive, entertainment, and if that is beyond your grasp then off you go to Club Penguin (Whatever that is, but I think its for kids)

Just to chime in on the Rampage/Dave Rayne business.

I saw Rampage once in this period, which was admittedly a great match vs BT Gunn. In that time I must have seen Dave Rayne a dozen times, during which he improved his whole round persona and ability, so therefore he made my list. If I'd seen Rampage a few more times I would have has him on there.

Anyway, isn't wrestling all about personalities? Dave may be no Daniel Bryan, but he's A JBL, who made it to the top!

We have the same argument every year with the same divs, why should this year be different.

Every year some div gets his kickpads in a twist because other people disagree with his view on how wrestlers in a pretend sport rank against each other in a list that only 100 people maximum really care about. Then you get the big "I AS WATCHED WRESTLIN FOR 50 YEARS AND MY OPINION IS RIGHT AND YOURS IS WRONG" speech, and then we usually get some sort of huffing and puffing follow up posts like the big bad wolf having an asthma attack. Well done britishwrestlingdivends you have fulfilled this vital role this year.

The only good thing about this whole yearly lunacy is that it gives us something to do between Ben's write ups, which take a great deal of his time and are entertaining to read. Because thats what it is britishwrestlingdivlegends entertainment, not in any way a definitive, entertainment, and if that is beyond your grasp then off you go to Club Penguin (Whatever that is, but I think its for kids)

Who's "Huffing & puffing" now?

578459_10151024966312031_1472688342_n.jpg

Also Noam Dar or Jack Gallacher i feel is going to win this.

578459_10151024966312031_1472688342_n.jpg

Also Noam Dar or Jack Gallacher i feel is going to win this.

Where's the ghost of 1PW come anywhere into this, or even the most recent discussion at hand?

Also your feeling is going to be wrong. Very wrong. Noam is going to get in the top 10, hopefully top 5, but definitely not the top spot.

Archived