The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

You sure? Everything I've read says that "both fighters released from their current contract and given permission to immediately sign with the other promotion" but I've also seen a few murmurings that once said release is signed, neither company could actually enforce where the fighters go.

I'm sure they'll swap over honestly enough, but it'll be interesting in future to see if anyone takes the release and then fucks off elsewhere.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if Dana is to be believed it's T-Ferg up next for Khabib;

UFC president White says he should face American lightweight Tony Ferguson on his return.

"Tony Ferguson is the right fight," he added. "It's the fight to make. It obviously depends on the suspension and what happens - we'll see."

• Paid Members

Dana is absolutely right there. There's no fight in the division at the moment that is more important to try and make happen, than Khabib Vs T-Ferg. If those two don't fight whilst both are still in their prime, it'll be a travesty. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

UFC is returning to the O2 in London for a fight night card on March 16th.

Till/Askren as the main anyone???

On a Fight Night? 

Be prepared for Danny Roberts and Co. 

Edit. Totally forgot Till v Wonder Boy was a FN. For some reason I thought it was ppv like Bisping/Hendo 2.

• Paid Members

Askren's saying he's down for fighting Till in London. Remember, of course we all know Askren and that's a big fight to us but Askren isn't a big name yet as far as the UFC is concerned. He's certainly no bigger of a name than Fabricio Werdum, Anderson Silva, Michael Bisping or Alexander Gustafsson who all headlined Fight Nights at the O2 over the last few years. And Till's coming off the loss to Woodley so a fight back on home soil makes sense. It's the perfect main event for London. I also think it's a lot more realistic than people think. 

And Askren bowling into enemy territory and ragging Till around like a dog playing with a toy then cutting a promo on the whole division would be a hell of a debut. 

• Paid Members

I'm not too sold on it. Feels like you're gonna lose some shine off one of them. 

I'm sure the UFC see Till as the next UK star. 2 losses in a row ain't gonna look too great for him. I reckon he needs to be nursed back gently. 

• Paid Members

Till needs to move up to Middleweight and not worry about trying to make that cut to Welter anymore. Out of the MW's that are available, I would pair him up with Urijah Hall.

• Paid Members

Be an interesting one. Till showed v Woodley he's actually pretty decent at stuffing takedowns, just Woodley is so bloody elite at not taking damage and getting his shit in, he didn't stand a chance. Of course, Askren is proper next level wrestling, but Till is huge come fight night. If it's a lot of stand up, you fancy Till has a significant edge.

Till is definitely top 5 WW in the world, right now. If Askren breezes past him then there can be no questions about him at all.

Archived