The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was under the impression that Mayweather had a fortune of a few hundred million. How does one blow through ALL that?! I mean, I'm not naif, I've heard enough about how it's usually done, but the sheer scale is almost impossible to conceive.

• Paid Members

Aye, madness. Remember when the Conor press tour got underway it came out that Floyd owed an absolute packet to the IRS, which made the fight date very convenient for Floyd.

Manny Pacquiao is another one that's made a fortune, yet he's still fighting because the taxman.

From what I've read, it's not a case of him going broke any time soon, but that he'd rather pay off his tax debts with money that isn't coming out of his current fortune, if you get what I mean?

He knows that a few events will pay off most of what he owes, and he can still afford the ridiculous lifestyle that he currently has.

• Paid Members

what a weird fight to take though, surely theres easier paydays to take? if they do some kind of hybrid Jerome Le Banner/Bob Sapp-esque ruleset fight, Floyds gonna get destroyed by a 20 year old kickboxer thats way smaller than him, not a good look.

21 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

what a weird fight to take though, surely theres easier paydays to take? if they do some kind of hybrid Jerome Le Banner/Bob Sapp-esque ruleset fight, Floyds gonna get destroyed by a 20 year old kickboxer thats way smaller than him, not a good look.

It's Floyd, and it's Japan. He's not getting destroyed by anyone. He's going to win.

Archived