The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

quick heads up...Bellator 72 streams live on Spike.com this friday. They are doing it to promote the Paul Daley debut, good news! It's a great card too.

I'm trying to find out what time UK time it'll start.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

hmmm, pretty sure it's sorted if they are advertising this.

They are showing the entire show from beginning till end, card lines up like this:

MAIN CARD (MTV2)

Karl Amoussou vs. Bryan Baker - welterweight-tournament final

Rudy Bears vs. Paul Daley

Emanuel Newton vs. Attila Vegh - light-heavyweight tourney semifinal

Tim Carpenter vs. Travis Wiuff - light-heavyweight tourney semifinal

Waachiim Spiritwolf vs. Marius Zaromskis

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)

Ben Saunders vs. Brian Warren

Chris Barnett vs. Tom Sauer

Raul Amaya vs. Kenny Moss

Matt McCook vs. Shanon Slack

Paul Barrow vs. Jason Carapelluci

Ryan DeRocher vs. Julien Williams

Two guys coming off a loss in the co-main, seems like the UFC are scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit here. Still suffering from the effects of fighter injuries. This weekend's 149 seems painfully average on paper, and this 151 card has 3 fights for the main card with a month and a half away, with the other fight being Michael Johnson vs Danny Castillo. Oddly, the Fox 4 card is the most star studded event in the UFC's immediate schedule.

Crazy little stat when browsing Wiki for fight card info- we've had 18 UFC events this year already. 18! Seems a bit like quantity over quality though.

• Paid Members
Two guys coming off a loss in the co-main, seems like the UFC are scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit here. Still suffering from the effects of fighter injuries. This weekend's 149 seems painfully average on paper, and this 151 card has 3 fights for the main card with a month and a half away, with the other fight being Michael Johnson vs Danny Castillo. Oddly, the Fox 4 card is the most star studded event in the UFC's immediate schedule.

Crazy little stat when browsing Wiki for fight card info- we've had 18 UFC events this year already. 18! Seems a bit like quantity over quality though.

Goto the UFC 149 thread and read how many fights were changed for that show. Its commendable that they've even got a decent card together.

Dana White blog - UFC 148 Backstage stuff.

Bollocking Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz making excuses.

You forgot a link:

Here

And to be fair, for all the excuses Tito made in the past he has never lied about having surgery. If he did have an operation on his remove parts of his meniscus (no matter if the percentage is the 50% that Tito said or smaller) 8 weeks before the fight, then it is true that he wouldn't have been able to do much/any running for his cardio.

Once again Chael comes out of this video looking like a bloody nice guy and I could watch Matt Serra talk all day.

Sorry about the link.

Thing with Tito is, he says stuff after fights so often even if he is telling the truth or only stretching it, people will still roll their eyes. He is like the boy who cried wolf.

Chael comes across really well, you would not think he would have just lost such a big fight with how he shares a joke with Cung.

• Paid Members

yeh the blog is superb again.

Chael really does come across as a good guy, when we see glimpses of the real Chael he comes across as a gentleman. I love the man.

Any time Matt Serra talks i have a smile on my face.

Ortiz moaning about his knee is tiresome, he might be telling the truth but fucking common! every single fight he has an excuse! what was with all th talk about going to Big Bear and having a great camp.

Irked me to see Forrest Griffin and his camp grinning at Dana when he was having a talking too as well. Dana said his piece though, fair play to him.

Archived