The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Yeah I saw that. Looks good. Fish Eyes promoting MMA though, whodathunkit? He's slagged the sport off for years, I used to see him spout some right shite that MMA allows groin shots and headbutts (this was only 4 or 5 years ago), and MMA fighters 'die all the time' or some bollocks like that. Allegedly.

Now he's promoting MMA to make money off it, it will be funny to hear him talk positively about it. It could be good though to be fair, a promoter with the experience and clout of Fish Eyes could have a positive effect on UK MMA. Hopefully.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Random question: Is the 'Warrior' film any good?

I thought it was great. In fairness it could've been about any sport rather than necessarily MMA, it's more a family focused drama than a straight-up sports movie. Nick Nolte is tremendous in it.

oh fuck, Brendan's gonna get waffled again.

I knew he was touting for the fight but didn't know it had been signed. Agreed, it's a terrible fight for a guy that can't take a punch. Hopefully this will be the last we see of Schaub in the UFC.

Great to see Da Silva signed for the Flyweight division, though it was inevitable they'd start raiding Tachi sooner rather than later.

• Paid Members
oh fuck, Brendan's gonna get waffled again.

I knew he was touting for the fight but didn't know it had been signed. Agreed, it's a terrible fight for a guy that can't take a punch. Hopefully this will be the last we see of Schaub in the UFC.

:)

yeah good signing picking up Da Silva. UFC's 125 class needs filling up so it makes sense they go cherry picking the best Flyweights knocking about.

I think they'd have been wise to have the next TUF be a Flyweights and either Bantamweights or Featherweights season aswell. But it's 170 again. Seems like they do 170 and 185 for TUF more than any other weight.

• Paid Members

"Fuck Chael"

well i guess the seeds are sewn for a possible fight at 205lb. If Rampage does hang around after the Glover fight (which i think will depend entirely on how the fight plays out) and Chael does goto 205 what's the bets the UFC tries to put this thing together?

• Paid Members
For those that haven't seen the newest addition to the UFC's Flyweight division yet:

UFC fighters must dread seeing the 125lbers on the same card as them...the little guys are gonna clean up on the bonus money.

whilst i clicked that link, this popped up The Chronicles of Fedor, awesome 23minute highlight video.

Rampage vs Chael would be a fantastic fight to make! The build up would be great and it'd be brilliant to watch Chael ground and pound Jackson for fifteen minutes.

Or, if Sonnen badmouths Rampage enough he may actually get his arse in the gym and actually come into a fight giving a fuck. Would certainly make sense as far as I'm concerned, and could end up being huge if they both play it out correctly.

• Paid Members

Add me to the list of people wanting to see this. Who knows what will happen after the Teixeira fight though.

There are a ton of great fights waiting for Chael at 205. I'd love to see Chael/Rashad too.

Archived