• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bunch of UFC fights announced;

UFC 153 in Brazil

Jose Aldo vs Erik Koch

Cristiano Marcelo vs Reza Madadi

Sergio Moraes vs Renee Forte

TUF Brazil winners Cezar Mutante and Rony Jason are also set to fight on this show

UFC 152 in Toronto

Evan Dunham vs TJ Grant

Jim Hettes vs Marcus Brimage

Some good stuff there. Aldo/Koch is the headliner for 153 as of now. But if the JDS/Cain rematch gets made soon I'd expect that to get put on that card as headliner with Aldo/Koch as co-main. This also kills any immediate hope of a Korean Zombie title shot. Wonder what he'll do now, sit out and wait or fight again. If he fights I'd like to see him and Charles Oliveira mix it up.

Cung Le vs Rich Franklin in China looks likely aswell. Dana said in an interview that it all depends on Cung Le's foot but he said if he fights on the China card then it will definitely be against Franklin. I'm guessing that means Franklin's on the card regardless then and they'll find him someone else if Le's not ready.

• Paid Members
The China event is in October right? Plenty of time for a broken foot to heal. I really like the Franklin/Le fight, but to have it on Fuel/FX seems like a step down for both men. Given that it's the first foray into China, hopefully both men are paid well and UFC promote the fuck out of it.

The China one is in November. Le's foot has apparently got a bad bone bruise, it's not actually broken so you'd think he'd be good to go for November easily.

I think it's fine for a FUEL show. It does seem like a big name fight for FUEL but they usually always try to put on a big fight the first time they go to a new place. And if you notice they almost always seem to have a Franklin or Wanderlei on there because they know it's guaranteed entertainment. They had Franklin vs Wanderlei for the Germany debut, Wand vs Bisping was on the first Australia PPV, Franklin vs Okami and Hendo on the 2 Ireland shows. You can't go wrong with them two in a new market, fan friendly fighting styles and good representatives for MMA.

So this follows that pattern. Only difference is they're doing it on FUEL instead of PPV. I think that's just because they've got the big Montreal PPV the following week, and with the time difference with it being in China it makes sense to do a free TV show.

Yeah, I was quite annoyed in regards to UFC 110 (the Aus. PPV). I was watching MMA at the time but mostly through DVDs, I wasn't up to date on it. Then I stumbled onto the Torch and found the virtual time results review for it. Nog vs. Cain, Wand vs. Bisping... definitely would have gotten tickets if I knew of it. Went to UFC 127 but it wasn't quite as good with Jon Fitch silencing the crowd. Still, I got to see Hunt's walk away uppercut live, that was pretty badass. And I think I was the only person in the building who knew who Brian Ebersole was haha.

Franklin vs. Le should be a great fight. I am a little worried about Le's chin, for some reason, and Franklin packs power. Question, if Le beats Franklin, will it move him towards contention in the MW division? Franklin's losses over the past several years are Anderson, Vitor and Griffin, pretty exclusive company there.

• Paid Members
Still, I got to see Hunt's walk away uppercut live, that was pretty badass.

That's one of my favourite KO's ever. The casual way Hunt walks off is a joy to behold.

Question, if Le beats Franklin, will it move him towards contention in the MW division? Franklin's losses over the past several years are Anderson, Vitor and Griffin, pretty exclusive company there.

I don't know how long Le wants to keep going. He's been fighting what must be close to 20 years or so now between MMA and Sanshou competitions. He's pretty banged up and he's pushing 40. He's been making noises about retiring for a bit now and he's got the martial arts movies to fall back on.

If he beats Franklin though he'll be on a good two fight streak over two long time UFC names. They'd probably give him one of the top 185ers then at least. Maybe a Munoz or Okami. I don't think he'll get past them types of tests though myself. I'd love to see him prove me wrong though.

I actually think he's got a decent chance against Franklin. Franklin will most likely stand with him, which at least maximises Cung's chances. And Franklin's had problems with southpaws in the past. I think Franklin would have him beat on cardio though. I hope the fight comes off, it will be a really fun one to watch.

I actually think he's got a decent chance against Franklin. Franklin will most likely stand with him, which at least maximises Cung's chances. And Franklin's had problems with southpaws in the past. I think Franklin would have him beat on cardio though. I hope the fight comes off, it will be a really fun one to watch.

I think Franklin beats him with cardio, and remember, if it's main eventing FUEL, it'll be 5 rounds.

I really hope McCall makes his way back up for a title shot. McCall/Benavidez would be awesome.

• Paid Members
I think Franklin beats him with cardio, and remember, if it's main eventing FUEL, it'll be 5 rounds.

I'd agree with that. As long as Franklin doesn't get caught early when Le's fresh then I'd see him taking over and being the stronger fighter down the stretch. I'd pick Franklin to stop him around the 3rd round.

And people forget this, but at 185 Franklin has only ever lost to Anderson Silva. All his other losses were at 205 or 195 in the case of Belfort.

• Paid Members

Brian Ebersole pre-149

woulda stuck this in the 149 thread but it's more a general interview. He brings up some interesting comments about George Sotiropulous. Apparently Ebersole was lobbying to coach the Smashes opposite Dan Hardy (i never even considered Ebersole as a coach). There's other reasons as well that Ebersole brings up.

Interesting stuff though, maybe we'll see an Ebersole/Sotiropulous fight in Aus. down the line. I loves me a good feud!

Archived