The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

The Japanese card with Bendo-Edgar 1 headlining it started it around that time, well the prelims did.

I'm guessing with Australia being so large they have several timezones and if they want to do Western Australia then it has to start early (or be a Fight Pass card) I'm guessing they looked at numbers to see if it would sell before trying it.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

another wee heads up, but The Works have quite a few MMA books on sale at the moment. Saw Dan Hardy, Gustaffsson's, John Kavanaugh's there the other day as well as Jack Slack's McGregor book, all for a few quid.

• Paid Members

Meh, I just want to see the fight. It breaths rare air, in terms of the quality both men possess and how it ranks amongst elite match ups - almost no other combination of fighters is more exciting, IMO. Plus, it's for a shitting Interim title anyway.

Khabib smash; Tony Ju-Jits.

De la Hoya said he would come back and beat McGregor in two rounds just last week, they are probably just saying this stuff to keep their names out there and like Mayweather, I don't think Dana is in a hurry to line Bob Arum's pockets, plus a fight with Diaz probably does the same buy rate as either of those fights.

McGregor's camp don't seem to be mentioning Boxing at all and even John Kavagnha is now saying the Tony Ferguson fight makes the most sense. We don't know if anything will even happen with the Bellator incident, if he gets some short term ban or something.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Any good? The reviews for it were not that kind, IIRC.

Not seen it yet but I read that he (or his management) had some kind of producers credit & had final edit. I'm fully expecting a glorified promo/fluff piece as opposed to something like The Smashing Machine or Like Water.

• Paid Members

the ship has sailed for me regarding McGregor and any boxing career. The Paulie fight had legs but its cooled off and Paulie is sucking any life out of it by continuing to talk with no response. I dont think theres any weight behind the Pacquiao thing, its click bait shit that everyone has jumped on.

...i am interested to see how the UFC go about this boxing thing though.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Not seen it yet but I read that he (or his management) had some kind of producers credit & had final edit. I'm fully expecting a glorified promo/fluff piece as opposed to something like The Smashing Machine or Like Water.

Ah right. The common themes of the reviews I read made it seem like a bit of a missed opportunity/fluff piece.

9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

the ship has sailed for me regarding McGregor and any boxing career. The Paulie fight had legs but its cooled off and Paulie is sucking any life out of it by continuing to talk with no response. I dont think theres any weight behind the Pacquiao thing, its click bait shit that everyone has jumped on.

...i am interested to see how the UFC go about this boxing thing though.

Any update of Zuffa Boxing, other than they're thinking about it?

Archived