The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Uriah Hall Vs Vitor Belfort has been announced for the Jan 14th card.

Ariel is also reporting that they are trying to sort out Tyron Woodley Vs Nate Diaz as the main event of UFC 219 

Well that's an opponent for Bisping in London eliminated from the list then. Was pretty confident that was the route they would take.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

I have the fear it will be Rockhold, rather than Romero.

I mean from a match making perspective that makes sense. Much like pro wrestling, surely you want someone to always retire on a loss?

• Paid Members

He's probably going to lose to either Rockhold or Romero anyway. I hope they go with Yoel though. The Bisping vs Rockhold story is done for me. They can't top that ending of Bisping getting that big KO and winning the title. Continuing with Bisping-Rockhold after that would be like Only Fools And Horses carrying on after they became millionaires. We've had the perfect ending. Let it be the ending. 

If Bisping retires and that Romero fight never happens then it's a huge waste IMO. Can you fucking imagine the atmosphere in London seeing Yoel Romero coming onto Bisping's home soil like some video game monster (with Ray The Translator at his side) to fight Bisping, in his farewell fight? It has to happen. Fuck all other options. They need to fly Yoel and Ray out to Shanghai to sit cageside. Whatever the result of Bisping vs Gastelum, the Yoel fight in London is the way to go. 

Its a tough one. Bisping v Romero would be fucking class even just for the build. Hopefully they could even do some Embedded stuff as a special one-off as its one of their legends' retirment fight.  The fear is that Romero takes Bisping's head off and he's stretchered out of the O2. Not very pro-wrestling, at all! 

Happy enough with that. Good card right the way through, though no real star power on it. 

Colby Covington has been sent home from his promo / guest fighter appearances at UFC Sydney following his pressing of charges against Werdum.  I have to say that forgiving his lack of morality, this makes Covington even more relevant. 

• Paid Members

Not to me it doesn't. I've still got no real desire to see him fight, and when you're a a fighter that's not good. It's X-Pac heat for me (although I always liked X-Pac) where I just wish he'd fuck off. If he disappeared down a well I wouldn't miss him. 

Oezdemir was arrested Saturday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and charged with aggravated battery causing bodily harm or disability. According to his arrest record, he was being held in the Broward County jail pending a bond hearing Sunday morning. 

By mid-morning, his arrest record was updated to reflect he was being held on $10,000 bond, and later to reflect his release on bond was pending. The state of Florida’s statute for Oezdemir’s charge says a person commits aggravated battery if he “intentionally or knowingly causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement.”No other details of the case were made available, and a full arrest report was not yet searchable in the Broward County Sheriff’s department’s database.

Before this it looked as though D.C vs Oezedmir was a done deal for early next year. This has obviously thrown a spanner in the works. 

Archived