The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

I still like the pairing up of these two, as it's exactly the type of opponent both should be facing at this stage of theor career. Talented fighters, that still have something to offer but who are on the other side of the hill, who would likely be on long losing streaks if continually matched up with upwardly mobile, younger/fresher guys in the top 10. 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up for Conor facing Nate for the belt. TBH I don't know if anything over than Diaz or maybe Khabib would be deemed enough of an attraction for McGregor at 155lb. Unless Holloway / Aldo came up to 155. 

Have stranger things happened than putting the 145lb and 155lb belts on the line at a 150lb catchweight? I suppose Mayweather vs McGregor just happened. 

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don't worry, David.  As soon as she shows signs of happiness, love and stability, Edmund will tell her to keep focusing on striking as she has KO power.

I assumed that by marrying Rousey, Browne would be automatically adopting Edmund as some sort of crazed, demented brother who lives in their loft or something.

• Paid Members

I'm rock hard for the eventual Alvarez vs Gaethje fight but not sure they'll make for much entertainment in the coach role. I'll give it a go but probably end up sacking it off by episode 4 like I do most of the time with TUF these days. 

Archived