The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Gdansk main event is Cerrone vs Darren Till. Cerrone said he's never heard of Till, so I'm glad I'm not alone in that. 

The European cards they're putting on at the moment are horrendous. I didn't think they could do worse than the recent Glasgow card but then that rotten Rotterdam show at the weekend surpassed it. Gdansk looks like it's going the same way. 

People need to make a point of not buying tickets for this dross, the UFC need to get the message that they can't just clean up financially on the company name alone. 

it might have been low on star power but the Rotterdam show was very good in the end...if you'd watched you'd surely know who Darren Till is as well, excellent prospect.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

it might have been low on star power but the Rotterdam show was very good in the end...if you'd watched you'd surely know who Darren Till is as well, excellent prospect.

The show may have been good, but was it good enough to warrant €75-€90 for a decent seat? That's a lot of money for the quality of the show they put on.

• Paid Members

probably wasn't in the end, but the show did lose several fights going in. Regardless, it's no good complaining about not hearing about fighters if you ain't taking the time to watch them fight. If you haven't heard or seen Till fight up until now it's probably because you aren't paying close enough attention.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

probably wasn't in the end, but the show did lose several fights going in. Regardless, it's no good complaining about not hearing about fighters if you ain't taking the time to watch them fight. If you haven't heard or seen Till fight up until now it's probably because you aren't paying close enough attention.

You can try and dress it up any way you like, but when Darren Till is main eventing a show you shouldn't be charging PPV level ticket pricing. That's just how it is.

• Paid Members

Meltzer was saying on WOR that Poirier vs Anthony Pettis has been booked as the headliner for the Fight Night Card in Virginia. That's a good fight that. I like the match making on that one and find it hard to pick a winner between them at this stage. I think Dustin was on his way to beating Alvarez in his last fight before the unfortunate ending. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Dunno if anyone noticed but Jesse Taylor pissed dirty after his TUF Redemption win. What's with guys ruining perfect comeback stories?

The guy looks like he's loaded to the gills in fairness. No surprise he didn't last long in the random testing pool. 

I wonder if he could lose any of that massive cheque he received from winning TUF?

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

Meltzer was saying on WOR that Poirier vs Anthony Pettis has been booked as the headliner for the Fight Night Card in Virginia. That's a good fight that. I like the match making on that one and find it hard to pick a winner between them at this stage. I think Dustin was on his way to beating Alvarez in his last fight before the unfortunate ending. 

Not just that but the whole card looks a cracker so far.

Poirier vs. Pettis, Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez, Clay Guida vs. Joe Lauzon, John Dodson vs. Marlon Moraes and the likes of Arlovski and Marquardt scattered about the card. It's kinda got an old school feel to it, certainly a lot of show of the year potential if some fighters perform as they have in the past.

If it stays intact, its stronger than some PPV's over the past year.

• Paid Members

The UFC have added Sage Northcutt vs Michel Quinones and Raphael Assuncao vs Matthew Lopez to the Norfolk Virginia card in November, the card now looks like this:

Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis

• Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez
  • Andrei Arlovski vs. Junior Albini
  • Marlon Moraes vs. John Dodson
  • Angela Hill vs. Nina Ansaroff
  • Sage Northcutt vs. Michel Quinones
  • Raphael Assuncao vs. Matthew Lopez
  • Joe Lauzon vs. Clay Guida
  • Cezar Ferreira vs. Nate Marquardt
  • Tatiana Suarez vs. Viviane Pereira
  • Marcel Fortuna vs. Jake Collier
  • Court McGee vs. Sean Strickland
  • Karl Roberson vs. Darren Stewart

EDIT: Carlos Condit has also tweeted to Sean Shelby that he wants a fight in December or January. Mike Perry might make sense?

Archived