The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I'd like Angela Hill to do better than she's done so far, but then rooting against Mrs. Amanda Nunes may not be wise. 

I wasn't keen on Angela Hill on TUF. If I'm remembering right she was in that gang of twats along with Esparza, Herrig etc. But I've turned the corner on her over the last year or so and she made a fan of me in her losing effort to Jessica Andrade this year. Seriously, if you didn't see Andrade vs Hill I'd definitely recommend it. Brilliant fight. 

Pettis vs Poirier should be outstanding. Not sure about Brown vs Sanchez. I mean, it sounds great on paper but I've got a feeling Diego's getting smashed. Not like Brown's a monster or anything but I think Diego's at the end of his rope now, Brown's going to be on the attack non-stop like he always is and I've never really liked Diego too much at 170. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I think Diego is getting wrecked here. Sanchez should really think about hanging it up now before it gets too late. 

The Machida vs Brunson fight is very interesting in my book. Brunson is a middle of the pack guy at MW. It's a smart match up to see what Lyoto still has left, and hopefully he'll look better against Brunson than Anderson Silva did. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm glad to see Machida back. Still wouldn't mind seeing a rubber match vs Shogun at some point actually. Even though I consider that series 2-0 to Shogun, officially it's 1-1 and I'd be interested to see part 3 before one of them retires. 

Ariel has also confirmed Wonderboy vs Masvidal for the MSG show. Love the sound of that one. Dana must be hoping for a Masvidal win, no fucking chance the UFC are going anywhere near Woodley vs Wonderboy III.

That depends on how long Woodley will be out with his torn labrum and whether the UFC can get him to accept the Lawler fight. Woodley didn't waste any time after UFC 214 telling us he doesn't think Lawler deserves a title shot, and I think he'll be stubborn enough to not budge on the Lawler fight.

• Paid Members

You're probably right but fucking hell, who would Woodley see as deserving? Yeah, Lawler's only won one fight since losing to Woodley but who else is there? GSP's fighting Bisping and if he wins he'll be fighting Whittaker after that. Woodley could be waiting a year if he sticks to his guns. 

I guess the best thing for Woodley would be for GSP to lose to Bisping in November. Then that frees GSP up and his next move would surely be a return to 170 to go after that title again. In that scenario Woodley vs GSP could potentially happen in mid 2018. 

If GSP ends up with the welterweight belt again, I'm almost certain we'll be seeing GSP vs McGregor for the 170 title. I think that's the end game for GSP here. All this talk of 'highest stock' and that. Who's stock in MMA has ever been higher than McGregor's is right now? 

• Paid Members

Bloody hell, Woodley vs Masvidal would be a pure heel vs heel match for me. Those two would bring new meaning to the phrase 'human cockfighting' because it really would be two cocks fighting.

I think I'd actually root for Woodley to win in the most boring way imaginable. Just because it'd piss Dana off.  

• Paid Members

The whole dynamic could change a thousand times by the time Woodley is next ready to fight. GSP following a loss to Bisping, Lawler by sitting as he is/winning one more if he wants to stay busy and Masvidal or Thompson via beating each other. You also have RDA should he win two more fights. They could all be in the running for the shot by that point.

• Paid Members

saw today that Bigfoot Silva has signed with Glory and will make his kickboxing debut in China, his opponent?...Rico fucking Verhoeven. Are they fucking kidding? Bigfoot's getting destroyed.

Archived