The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What events are on this weekend? I have no idea - Ester Lin tweeted a photo of a huge crowd from Northern Ireland last night and Ariel says he's in Manchester today!!

When is the UFC Belfast show? Are Bellator here too?

• Paid Members

the Irish fans are in Vegas for the Carl Frampton/Leo Santa Cruz fight which is tonight.

Helwani is in Manchester for the 'Evening with Conor McGregor' thing on Monday.

Bellator had a show in Kansas last night.

:)

• Paid Members

Cool, thanks guys. Was very confusing when I was just seeing Tweets.

Ester Lin "The Northen Ireland fans are going crazy here tonight!"

Aerial - "Just landed in Manchester for the show!"

Me - "WTF?"

• Paid Members

Wow, that's terrible. Regardless of the truth, that completely looks like they waited to see how tickets sold and (now that they've sold out without a Main Event) they've just bumped that fight up to cover the lead spot because what's the point in wasting a better fight when the tickets are already sold. What a shit way to treat your fans.

Looks like that prediction I made of Pickett main eventing wasn't so nuts after all. He's second down to a fight that he could've easily main evented over if the opponent was right. Faber / Pickett would've pissed all over that Manuwa fight.

On the subject of Manuwa, how the fuck is he ranked 5 in the LHW division? In 3 years he's 2-2 with loses to 2 top 5 guys. One of those wins was Blachowicz who's ranked 15 and has never been a top 5 fighter. Basically he's ranked that high off the back of one good win (OSP). Weird. He's talking in the media at the moment about earning a title shot if he beats number 9 ranked Corey Anderson. Ermm ...

So the full London card now looks like this:

Jimi Manuwa vs. Corey Anderson
Brad Pickett vs. Henry Briones
Leon Edwards vs. Vicente Luque
Marc Diakiese vs. Teemu Packalén
Tom Breese vs. Oluwale Bamgbose
Bradley Scott vs. Scott Askham
Darren Stewart vs. Francimar Barroso
Reza Madadi vs. Joseph Duffy
Daniel Omielańczuk vs. Timothy Johnson
Veronica Macedo vs. Lina Länsberg
Arnold Allen vs. Makwan Amirkhani

The Manuwa, Breese, Duffy and Amirkhani fights are interesting enough. Pickett will be fun. It's just such a weak card overall - no one single fight that really stands out as having future meaning.

Ken, he's a bit mental but you like to think his heart is in the right place.

They said on Sherdog radio years ago that he is a class act away from the cage, and a joy to interview. They had him on just after Mayhem Miller. Let's just say there was a difference in maturity between the two.

Archived