WWE Raw going 3 hours

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

About 10 years ago if you had told me we'd be getting 3 hours of Raw every Friday night instead of two, I'd have been estatic. I'm saddened that it gets this kind of reaction from me now. :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not gonna be like all the other 3 hour Raws though. Apparently stuff that happens in the first hour will influence what then happens in the next 2 hours, much of it decided by fans. Probably won't make it any better, but it'll be different. Sounds like rather than have the Countdown show they were planning they're just integrating it into Raw.

It must be solely for financial reason, right?They already have so many guys just treading water doing pretty much fuck all, it's not like they desperately need more time to fit in angles and stories for people! Brodus, Swagger, Miz, and the like are just hanging about in pointless, repetitive feuds. Even guys like Jericho and Orton are on auto-pilot despite being higher up. They can't even fill two hours with meaningful stuff, three every week will be a nightmare.

I'm assuming USA Network want three hours for more advertising time?

• Paid Members

It must be solely for financial reason, right?They already have so many guys just treading water doing pretty much fuck all, it's not like they desperately need more time to fit in angles and stories for people! Brodus, Swagger, Miz, and the like are just hanging about in pointless, repetitive feuds. Even guys like Jericho and Orton are on auto-pilot despite being higher up. They can't even fill two hours with meaningful stuff, three every week will be a nightmare.

Aye, to keep the USA Network sweet, I imagine. Their numbers haven't been that great (by Raw standards) for a while.Vince hates three hour Raws, apparently.

• Paid Members

I'll tell you one thing - CM Punk's dropping the belt before 23rd July. They'll want the ratings-drawers on top. I'd guess that in the built to Summerslam that Lesnar, Triple H and Rock will almost certainly be active, so it might not be too bad for the first month while they've got the show loaded with star power. They'll probably have Tensai and Brodus Clay in more meaningful stuff by then, which may or may not be any good but will fill time. I bet Miz is salivating at this, actually, he'll almost certainly end up with a bigger role.

Whenever they did the last 3-hour one, I almost gave up on it. I could actually see this putting me off completely.

My thoughts entirely, its often a chore to watch at least 75% of Raw or Smackdown as it is, going to 3 hours could make it unbearable

• Paid Members

its a worrying time when the people that are meant to be considered the die hard fans of the business collectively moan when they are given more of what they are meant to be fans of.

• Paid Members

I completely see why everyone is complaining about this, but it could make the shows better as a live (arena) experience. Raw won't have Superstars matches any more, while Smackdown tapings will have all those, which will also make those shows more enjoyable for the casual fan that sits on their hands for NXT. Meanwhile NXT from Florida should also come across better than NXT now.

its a worrying time when the people that are meant to be considered the die hard fans of the business collectively moan when they are given more of what they are meant to be fans of.

That's more an indication of what moany cunts hardcore fans are than anything else, though.

Archived